Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the gap size for the 1991 legend seden in Millimeters? does anyone know. its .041 in inches. i bought a set of splitfire from wal-mart and didn't gap it at all and installed it. now my car hesitates when i accelerate :confused:. is that the problem? is gaping it correctly really that important? anyone knows!!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I imagine your thread just may open a can of worms...

esp. with this statement.

Your first problem (actually) is with the installation of splitfire plugs. I have read other threads from our kind who have experienced the same problem you mention.

As to whether or not gap counts, I just have to LMAO.

Now, back to the real world - in a standard copper core plain jane plug... I would say that it is NOT crutial within a limit. In other words - if you were to have incorrectly gapped to say .0.039 - .044 you wouldn't feel a misfire or hesitation. Ladies and Gentlemen, does everyone graps what .010 is.

NOW, if you are a racer - I would say that it does count - ABSOLUTELY. When 1 single RWHP can and does make a difference if your running against someone with the same (overall) specs. you must be anal and very specific.

I'd loose the plugs and go with NGK. Copper or Platinum - doesn't matter. Why did you decide to go with splitfire?

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had splitfire on before but it just start acting weird

i had splitfire in my car for like 2 yrs and starts acting weird so i replaced it with new ones and its still like this. would the NGK help fix this problem????

·
Registered
38 Posts
gap 'em

gap the spark plugs to spec.. it will make a difference..
if that does not cure the hesitation..then it's probably
something else..

·
Registered
301 Posts
CWA-94GS said:
Many of the platinum and fancy plugs like Bosch are pregapped at the factory and are not supposed to be regapped.
So are NGK (if purchased from an Acura dealer).

Gapping (is there such a word?) takes 30 seconds to perform.

As Nike says, "just do it!!":D

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how much??

what would the NGK spark plugs cost? should i get it from the dealer or at a parts store?? well i had splitfire on the car for 2 yrs and was working fine. if thats not it i dont know whats wrong then. :confused:

·
Registered
301 Posts
I get mine from the dealer, cost $25 CDN for copper plugs.

I replace mine once a year.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks alot spiff

got some NGKs from the dealer today, price $16.95 each, ouch. almost 100 bucks, i do feel a little bit better performance since its made in japan. but there is a bit of vibration on the pedels when accelerating i also replaced one of my ignition coils, then i realized thats not the problem another 100 bucks there, and trash another set of brand new splitfires, ****nnnn, whats wrong with my ride. any info would help thanks!!!

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
get dealer Spec NGK or any denso plug @ autozone or kragen.

Stock gap for the legend is .44

gapping it down to .35 COULD improve your throttle responce by a wee bit.

Under NOS howerver, or any forced induction stick with .30-.35 1-2 degree colder plug copper or nickel. NO platinum, NO irridium.
ZEX makes the best plug in and drive forced induced plugs on the market-no gapping needed just pop em in and your ready.

~Hybrid

1 - 10 of 10 Posts