Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
LegendGS said:
G2 Legends don't have spark plug wires to worry about.
Doh! That's right, the Legend is distributorless and offers direct ignition on each cylinder. BTW, those items only need to be changed once they are broken right? Cuz, I'd assume those pieces aren't cheap to replace, right?

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
I just changed my spark plugs last Friday. I had to have them shipped to Atlanata over night, and paid over $11 a piece. I did go for the NGK double Platnimum laser cut plugs. You are suppose to change the spark plugs every 100,000 miles. I did the spark plugs, fuel filter, and a throtle body cleaning. I am almost done with my 100K service. So far about $150 for me, but I get half off on labor. Good Luck!
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
847 Posts
:eek: I'll be changing my plugs tomorrow, I'm so nervous right now:D :D :D Hey Graeme, what other things should I worry beside the anti-seize compound and the torque?? Also, I set the gap inbetween .040~.044 inch as indicated in the service manual, but the Denso Iridiums have U-Groove design so I'm not too sure.....

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Mainly, you just have to worry about cross-threading. Make sure your spark plugs are straight before tightening, or you may find yourself in deep doo doo. :) The safest way to do it is to use some rubber tubing. Insert the end of the spark plug into the tubing, and use the tubing to position and screw in the plug. If it's not in properly, the rubber tubing will just slip on the spark plug, and not tighten it. You can also simply use the spark plug socket. Just hand-tighten (without the use of the rachet). If it screws in relatively easily, you're ok.

·
Registered
847 Posts
kk~ thx:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.