Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took apart half my Legend to get to the rear deck and add some dynomat to kill an annoying rattle, and in the process I realized that some of my speakers weren't working at all. I have components in the front and the only thing that works is the right tweeter. Both of the speakers and the left tweet are making no sound at all. What could possibly be going on here?

-GR

·
Registered
449 Posts
was it playing before you tore the car apart? Have you checked all the wires yet? I don't really know how else to test it beside trying another speaker on those locations that aren't working if there are sound that means your speakers are blowned. If not then you might want to check all the connections.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure whether or not they worked before I took the car apart. I do remember that this happened once before and one of my audio installer friends fixed it for me, but I forgot what the hell happened. I know they're not blown cuz there's no sound coming out of them at all.

-GR

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Figured out the problem. Turns out the speaker wires had just come loose from all the vibration cuz they weren't really put on too well in the first place. But now it's all reinforced and ready to go. The system sounds quite good once again. Thanks for the help Danny.

-GR

G

·
How is the dynamat working for you though? I have some annoying rattles coming from the rear trunk when my sub hits. Does that stuff really cure the problem? How about the spray on stuff?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Dynamat works pretty well. I have my trunk lid done as well as my rear deck. If you really wanna rid your trunk of all earthly rattles, you might wanna dynamat the whole thing, not just the lid. Also, make sure your license plate is done and the frame as well. All these things make HELLA noise. As far as the rear deck, what I ended up doing is putting small strips of dynamat on the rear window so the rear deck would hit up against it and not make any noise. As far as the spray on stuff, I had a friend who used it on his Grand Marquis and it worked pretty well. But in my opinion, Dynamat is easier to work with, unless it's a really tite space. I also prefer it cuz I can get it dirt cheap :D .

-GR

1 - 7 of 7 Posts