Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while ago I had my subwoofer installed by tapping into the rear speakers. Now only one of the subwoofers work( it was 2 10"s)
and the one speaker is very quiet. So I bought new speakers, which required taking the wire out of the plastic wire holder thing, and stripping them and putting them into the speakers. Now there is no sound coming out of the speakers. Is it because I did the wiring wrong or is it because I somehow overblew the Amp, blew a fuse, or what happened? Any input would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
You probably blew an amp, if you had one. Or you blew whatever that was powering those rear speakers. Check fuses. I advise to never power a subwoofer with just "tapping" into another speaker's source. The ohm configuration for that rear speaker and that subwoofer may have caused an overload/strain on your amplifier or power source. You're going to have to play inspector and guess and check on which could be at fault. Try replacing whatever is easiest first, and go on from there. Next time, consider getting a power amp for the subs.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You probably blew an amp, if you had one. Or you blew whatever that was powering those rear speakers. Check fuses. I advise to never power a subwoofer with just "tapping" into another speaker's source. The ohm configuration for that rear speaker and that subwoofer may have caused an overload/strain on your amplifier or power source. You're going to have to play inspector and guess and check on which could be at fault. Try replacing whatever is easiest first, and go on from there. Next time, consider getting a power amp for the subs.
thanks, I have an amp supplying the sub, and the one side of the sub and the right speakers still work, its just the left side that isnt working. I'm gonna keep playing guess and check for now, and hopefully my friend will be able to come over Thurs. to check it out

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im almost positive I've messed up the wiring, as i had to cut the wires out and strip them from the plastic harness to get them to fit these speakers. Now, I got them all mixed up because i also had the sub tapped, and it's confusing. ANyone else have a similar situation it would be great if you have help/pictures, etc. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts