Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the situation, I have a 1990 LS. I have had the same 12' woofers in my car for like 10 years now. They still sound pretty good. This is what I got, Kenwood in dash and Kenwood eq, also in dash. Kenwood front door and kenwood 6x9 in the rear deck, and then the 12's in the trunk.. MTX. The new thing I wanna do is------->> I have a set of tens sitting in the garage that someone gave me, I want to put them in the rear deck, in between the 6x9's , and then I want to add two 15's in the place of my 2 12's. The problem is, I dont wanna loose more space than the 12's took up.........The 12's are in a sealed box Length of about 13 inches (depth) and width (from left rear strut to the right rear strut) of about 32 inches. The hight is slanted at about 15 inches (about 3 inches from the top of rear deck). do you think I could get a set of 15's in a box about (32 inches wide) and a lenght of about 13 inches long..When I say long I mean depth.????? :rolleyes:

Or should I get a bigger amp for my 12's

·
Registered
602 Posts
You may be able to make a custom box to fit the 15's in but thenthe 12's would be free air in the back deck. I don't think MTX subs are designed for free air and those aren't gonna sound as good.
I actually did mount my 10's in the back deck and i had the sealed boxes hang down into the trunk. The do take up a good deal of the trunk space bc they hang down 16 inches. Anyways these are barely sqeezed in there with 10's and 12's would not work. Unless, you got two 12's designed for free air. I would either get a better amp, a better sub, or just don't put the 12's in.
I know that i have seen Pioneer's free air subs. You could always buy some 12's, 10's, or 8's designed for that use.
Or, you might be able to make a box that holds your 12's and just one 15. Just my .02 Good luck.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, What I think Im going to do is, mount the tens on the rear deck and buy a better amp for the 12's I already have... Shot ,,..Just the tens in the trunk sound good by themselves, I just gotta have to deeps though.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Are you going to mount them free air or enclose them?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im going to mount them free air, Why? You think there going to sound that bad. Come to think about it, you may be right, oh well I think my plans have changed. There not free air speakers, so, . I guess Ill just give my 12's a bigger amp and stick to the same setup I have now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts