Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I am parting out a 91 Legend sedan and have a couple of questions.

Firstly, when I got the speakers out I noticed they were Clarion and not the original Bose speakers. They look real nice and aren't the paper crap. I don't want to go through the bother of hooking them up to my own car to see how they sound - how can I find out whether they are good speakers or crappy ones??

Secondly, the stock stereo is the 2200 with the equalizer - what is the difference between it and the other one? Also, does this mean that it has a built in amp or will it be behind the rear seat??

I have zero knowledge of audio equipment so please - be gentle!! Thanks guys

Jonny
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
There isn't really any good way to test wether a speaker is good other than actually hearing it.

The 2200 unit is the one with the built in amp. The difference is it has a built in amp and it's rated for 4 ohm speakers. The 2100 unit uses a separete amp behind the rear seat. The 2200 can be used in any 91-95 L.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dude

Hey,

I would keep them but they are from a car I am parting out and I do not have the 2200 in my own or else I would keep them. They are on ebay if anyone is interested. Thanks guys

drinkdontdrive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.