Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an Acura Legend V6 LS Sedan, which came with stock Bose Premier system. I decided to keep it & not change out the speakers.
I immediately changed out the stock premier cassette-player head unit to a PHASE LINEAR UV8 AM/FM/CD/DVD/IPOD RECEIVER.

The speakers are fine except for the bass speakers in the back which seem to not be able to handle the bass in the music.

*Do I need a subwoofer/amplifier/ ect.. to handle the bass?
*If so, which ones would be compatible with my Bose system?
*Which would you recommend?

All tips/advice/feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, what year is it? I would like to offer you some advice but I don't know shit :giggle:

·
Premium Well Wisher
2,776 Posts
http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f6/g2-legend-stereo-faq-45115/

check out the G2 audio FAQ

now dont quote me on this, but the Bose Premium system has 2 ohm speakers. Most aftermarket headunits want 4 ohm speakers. So the bass thing is b/c the speakers are mismatched resistance. EX: on your headunit, let's say you're at 10 for the volume. If you had 4 ohm speakers, you'd be at 5 for the volume

I'm dealing with the same thing right now although I have new speakers to install. So you can just replace your speakers with 4 ohm ones and you'll be good to go. You dont really need an amp until you add some subwoofers (if you're after some thumping bass)

anyway, the audio FAQ covers everything....gotta love this place!

good luck...and yea, welcome to the forum! take some pics and show us whatchu got!

·
Call me Mister
688 Posts
The 2 ohm factory speakers will likely place strain upon the internal amplifier of your aftermarket unit. I would recommend replacing the factory with aftermarket speakers- if they are properly installed you will get much better sound quality along with more of the bass you are looking for.
After that if you are looking for increased subwoofer output, here is a tutorial for a simple install...
http://ww2.legendtuner.com:8080/LEGENDtuner/upgrades.html
(I can't figure out how to directly link off the LEGENDtuner site with Mozilla, so click on the subwoofer link halfway down the page)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts