Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need my VSS to be working properly by Friday the 7th. So I need the part before then (before the 5th or so), would love to have it by the 3rd.... I called my local Acura Dealership, Acura of Sierra in Alhambra, they have it in stock, for $120. Is there any other place within my area that might have it in stock for less, or would they have to special order them etc?

I know Sierra of Agusta carries them for $90, but that would take a while to get here, don't have that much time on my hands.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
I need my VSS to be working properly by Friday the 7th. So I need the part before then (before the 5th or so), would love to have it by the 3rd.... I called my local Acura Dealership, Acura of Sierra in Alhambra, they have it in stock, for $120. Is there any other place within my area that might have it in stock for less, or would they have to special order them etc?

I know Sierra of Agusta carries them for $90, but that would take a while to get here, don't have that much time on my hands.
It they have it in stock, you can have them shipp it by 2nd day air, they did that for the hub bearing I ordered, and it got here exactly when I wanted it to be. And I only had 3 days to work with. You have almost 5, call them ASAP before they close. The $90 + extra shipping shouldn't be as much as $120+tax.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm...actually it's $78.86 from Acura of Agusta

$120+ Tax (8.25%) = $129.90 (Sierra Acura)
$78+Tax (4.00%) = $81.12 (Acura of Agusta)

About $15 for 2nd day Air I would think...
$81.12+ $15 = $96

~130 - ~ 96 = $34 difference...

·
Registered
314 Posts
I paid $80 for the sensor at the local dealer, but I bought it through my friend's auto repair business, so I didn't pay full list price or tax. Come to think of it, I believe it was around $78.

It takes about an hour to change, but you'll need a Torx anti-tamper fitting to do the job, it's either a T-15 or T-20 fitting.

Good Luck,

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
sorry for the threadjack question but when people mention Acura of Augusta is this in reference to a dealer in Augusta, Ga.? If so do they carry a more thorough selection of parts than any other or something?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
They are a Acura dealer in Augusta, GA. They carry everything the your local dealer you have but at a significantly discounted price for members of the Legend forum. Also exellent customer service.

·
Registered
314 Posts
$300 is outrageous :eek::eek::eek: !

What's the dealer's hourly rate, $200 :rolleyes: ???

Changing the sensor is not difficult at all, the Legend Tuner has a great tutorial, and I had no problems completing the job in my garage, took approx an hour and fifteen minutes.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Speed Sensor changed, got it @ Downey Acura for $109. Couldn't wait longer, had to travel far today, on the flip side, my car is fully repaired.. did all the repairs today.. MUCH MUCH better with everything working properly.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Sean L said:
$300 is outrageous :eek::eek::eek: !

What's the dealer's hourly rate, $200 :rolleyes: ???

Changing the sensor is not difficult at all, the Legend Tuner has a great tutorial, and I had no problems completing the job in my garage, took approx an hour and fifteen minutes.

Good Luck.
dealer claims this repair takes 2.5 hours hence the high rate. :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.