Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
I am no expert, but I had identical problems while in a rain storm... I was on the freeway when suddenly my speedometer quit all together, sort of dropping slowly but jerkily down.

Spontaneously it started working again a few hours later, then quit again that night. I have NEVER had any other problems with it, this was just over about a 12 hour period. We had SEVERE rainfall and I contribute it to being "waterlogged."

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

·
Registered
476 Posts
Very interesting. I have never had any of the symptoms of a failing VSS, other than my speedo failing... I have had this happen twice, both under extreme wet weather conditions and on the freeway.

Both times I was cruising full speed 70+ and my speedometer sort of jerily moved downward where it stopped at zero and stayed there for an hour or so. Then it jerkily moved back up into place without any problems...

Should I look into replacing my VSS anyway? I have never seen my D4 flash, lost cruise control, lost RPM monitoring, or had any other symptoms.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.