Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone every had their Speedometer go out. While traveling yesterday I noticed my guage read 110mph then 30, 40 and finally 0 all the while I was doing an estimated 60 MPH. It now remains at 0 no matter what speed I drive. My first thought is a faulty speed sensor since it is the original that I had on the car when first purchased 12/90. It is a 91 coupe. just wondering if anyone out there has had this experience.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Do you get the "check engine" light come on?

After I had my timing belt and radiator replaced, I left the shop with my speedometer not working at all. I jacked the car up that night and went under it and found out the harness to the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) was not plugged in properly. It solved hte problem.

If you get the chance, go under your car and right near your oil filter you will see a cable going to your VSS which is mounted onto your tranny. Follow the cable to the harness and check if it is properly intact.

Other than that, maybe your sensor has gone, but that is a rare case.

G

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked out the car the next day and the Speedo was working. Could be just a fluke or the VSS going bad. At no time did the Check Engine light come on. Anyway, I'll get a new one from A&H ($81) just in case. Thanks for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts