Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the probable cause for my break pedal feeling spongy. Sometimes I have to pump them in order to get the proper pedal height back. I could take it to a brake shop, but they always want to replace everything for big bucks. Is their a cheap solution to this problem?

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
The master cylinder can be done on your own. It just depends on the level of DIY comfort you have. It's not complicated.

No idea what it would cost if you bought the part, but it cost me $300+ to get it done at the dealer (master cylinder was virtually fully shot and I didn't want to drive it home).

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Hey, I see you are a fellow Calgarian.... cool:)

I just had mine done at a shop down in the southeast here. He is a very trusted mechanic of mine and I have been going to him for about three years now. The name of the shop is Camber Automotive, and it is right behind the Blackfoot Inn on Burbank RD. I was going to do it myself but I dont want to mess with my brakes and brake fluid an all that stuff. The labour came to only like $95, and I got the master cylinder for $175 at Auto Value Parts on heritage drive in the plaza there. You get $50 back too when bring the old core back....

Hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey good buddy Canuck. Thanks again for the valuable info!
Do you think the Canucks will kick the Crap out of the Yanks for the Gold in the Olympics?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I am watching it right now, and it is close at 3-2 with a minute to go. It was a good third period and now it looks like its over... To answer your question honestly I think it is too close to call. It will be a wicked game and it would be cool if we won a gold in mens and womens hockey.

good luck with your repair..:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts