Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So at my community college they offer automotive tech programs (Honda, Toyota, GM, etc) that im on the boundry of getting into!! The program (Toyota) has at least a 2 year waiting list but I have all my ish together. Shhhhh! Yes i do becauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse:

1) I already have a job at Lexus and my manager is WILLING to SPONSOR me (meaning they will help pay for school)

2) I have the grades and the persistancy!

3) BONUS: Im a girl!!!!!! hehe unfair, i know but true.

If all runs smoothly within the next few weeks I should be in the shop at Lexus starting March 31st or April 2nd!!!!!!! :D

Yay! I'm sponsored! For real though, sorry tom :giggle: :p

Just thought i'd throw that bit of good news out there :)

·
Blackend Motorsports
4,163 Posts
PerzianKabob said:
is it difficult to get a job at a dealership?

i was thinking about working at a honda or acura one nearby for the summer. what type of skills do you need?
Depends on what you want to do. I got on at an Acura dealership in Austin as a service porter (read - car washer) and could have expanded up if I'd stayed in Austin. Decent wage and I got to drive a couple of NSX's (one up to 150mph :D ) and some nice Legends...kinda made up for the smallish paycheck! :giggle:

Oh yeah - congrats on your sponsor!

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Congrats on the opportunity. There happens to be a female tech. at the Honda/Acura dealership where I work. Still pretty rare around here though. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Congrats!!!!!

Slightly off the main topic:
How much do they pay the parts department people, at Acura? Always wondered...

Where I live, the cashiers in the parts department are always cute, lol. ;) I've been to 3 Acura dealerships noticed the same thing every time.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FutureX 2001 said:
Congrats!!!!!

Slightly off the main topic:
How much do they pay the parts department people, at Acura? Always wondered...

Where I live, the cashiers in the parts department are always cute, lol. ;) I've been to 3 Acura dealerships noticed the same thing every time.
The cashiers at my dealership are pretty :)

Its pretty tough depending on where you are to get a job at a dealership. It also depends on what you want to do...in the service dept you just need a clean driving record and be a hard worker :p

Thanks guys, this means a lot to me. Its getting me started towards a career!! :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
drinkdontdrive said:
Good job girl!!!

Now get yourself a Lex so we can pimp together!! :D

Peace,
Jonny
Hahahahaha yeah.....right! Maybe a few years! But i wanna get an IS sometime in the future!! :p ;)

Oh i forgot to add that this weekend will be a sad week at my dealership because they are laying off a handful of people! It'll be sad to see some of my boys go :(

Because of this program though, i know i wont be one of the laid off :2cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.