Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to my owner's manual...and I quote
"By upshifting and downshifting through 1, 2, D3, and D4, you can operate this transmission much like manual transmission without a clutch pedal."
Unfortunately my gear shifter thing won't move into 2nd! It's only able to move to D4 and D3, therefore I can't really try this! Can someone verify this...has anyone tried? I'd be kinda scared to break my transmission, will this happen?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
GoldenCoupe said:
According to my owner's manual...and I quote
"By upshifting and downshifting through 1, 2, D3, and D4, you can operate this transmission much like manual transmission without a clutch pedal."
Unfortunately my gear shifter thing won't move into 2nd! It's only able to move to D4 and D3, therefore I can't really try this! Can someone verify this...has anyone tried? I'd be kinda scared to break my transmission, will this happen?
If you really wanted to do it, push the shift release button on your shifter. It will allow you to move into the lower gears.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:D ...I've tried that!! It's the gear selector thing...it gets caught up on something and won't let me shift into the lower gears! If I pull really hard on the shifter it will stay in 2nd but it's not very easy! It really sux, looks like I have a new part to pull at a junk yard!! Can anyone tell me how I replace this?

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
GoldenCoupe said:
:D ...I've tried that!! It's the gear selector thing...it gets caught up on something and won't let me shift into the lower gears! If I pull really hard on the shifter it will stay in 2nd but it's not very easy! It really sux, looks like I have a new part to pull at a junk yard!! Can anyone tell me how I replace this?
When was the last time you check your rear tranny mount?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm getting that taken care of in the near future!! I sort of had a feeling that's what it was...it would sometimes shift into the lower gears, and other times not!! The shift between 1st and 2nd is bad...:(

·
Registered
476 Posts
My shift between "manual" first and second is also VERY bad. I suggest going from 1 to D3, that seems to work just fine.

I would also suggest opening up the entire console/cover and looking all the way down into where the shifter lies. I used to have a very similar problem with a G1 Legend and it turned out that somehow a few coins, paperclips, and pens had found there way down into where the actual movement of the shifter was. I managed to get some of the pens and pennies out, and then it shifted into gear just fine! <-------- Definetly something to try, and its alot less than the tranny mount!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Mine goes from first to 2nd fine, if you mean the car feels jerky, don't let go of the gas when you shift. Other than that, it doesn't go in hard, it's not smooth, but it's not hard....

Try Starting in D3, and once you feel it shift by itself into 2nd, downshift to 2nd hold it there goes faster heheh =)

Anyways, I definately feel more power if I start from 1st, then just stomping it from D3 increased wear on the tranny though. I actually made a post about this, about 2 weeks ago I think, go here:

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8548

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.