Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
3.52 ..Chicken & Dumplins
3,153 Posts
The front plate and for the bonus the missing paper off the rearview mirror.

·
aclegend
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
u got that one rite man..im just frustrated cause the cop made me take off that euro plate and issued me a ticket, then he took the plate with him and handed me a notice saying that he was seizing the plate and it will be shredded by the ministry.

He said he was being nice and give me a ticket for "Missing front plate" otherwise the usual charge for somthing like this is a direct court order where the judge settle the fine which could be anywhere from $2000 to $5000.

This is just the half of what took place.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
wait so he can take your personal property without a warrant? damn.

EDIT: Well I guess if he classified as a fictitious plate. i would have played it off as a 'novelty' item that was just your personal property and not meant to be an actual plate (although it did have your actual personalized license info on it right?). In that case I suppose he can legally confiscate it.

·
aclegend
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea he showed me the book he had, that he can seize any plate that has been altered even though the lettering was the same as the actual license plate.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Man that sucks. Hope the ticket wasn't too bad. What was the other half of what took place???

·
aclegend
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well now that u asked...the ticket was reduced to $45 by the cop because of the other half of the story..lol

when he was writing down the ticket, i stood beside his cruizer and made total BS story about how i was in Germany for the past 6 years and i just had to had that plate, also promised him that i wont be using it anymore if that was the law...notice that i have been using the plate for over a year now.
well, he bought into the story and then we're discussing the new speed law, which is if you a caught doing 50km/h or over, they get to seize ur car and suspend ur license for one week. He admitted that personally he thought it was all a money makin scheme....lol. now we are standing around discussing stuff like we' re some old friends. All his rage came down and he was not yelling anymore. Then, he's like I'll let u keep the plate since u didn't know abt the law and all but never use it again or it will be a summons to court.
He took the seize notice back and gave me the plate. :>
and I owe this happy ending to my legend because for a fact that if it was a civic, which was lowered to the ground with HIDs, the cop would have not been so tolerant. I see this happening all the time to ppl with modded civic.

Not to date i have been bothered for the HIDS or for the car being too low that it rubs at every corner i take.
i just get to keep the plate but cant be put of the car except for show purposes i guess!

·
aclegend
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea for the first two years, the suspension was fine but now i guess that it has settled in, it rubs. i actually have 235 45 17 on which could be the problem, next time im going with 225 which should take care of the rubbing as ive heard!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Dammit! I was looking into getting euro plates too.

On a side note, I saw a sweet 91/92 Sedan with a custom winter green paint job and RCR tail lights in Steeles/Keele area on Sunday. I tried to take pictures but the guy made a right and took off. I'm so tempted to go wander the streets in that area to get a better look.

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
thanks stu. Which shocks did u finally decide to go with? how is the ride now?
I went with 4 Monroe Sensitrac, so no drive to Buffalo was needed.
The cars ride is better ... my old shocks were still originals.
The car sits higher now, every bump is way less harsh.
I easily go over speed bumps without even slowing down, whick I would never have been able to do before. Over all, extremely happy!

Loving my red dial stereo too.
PLEASE, let me know when its time to charge the A/C !

·
The Great White North
813 Posts
That sucks!
I haven't been nabbed yet, and I've gotten pulled over even. (Speeding)
Note: See sig.

P.S. Omair, where did you get the TL wheels bored out?! I need to find a place.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Tiremag is the only place I've heard of in the GTA that bores out wheels. They're located on 8241 Keele Street Concord, ON L4K1Z5 (just north of Highway 7). They did mine and also Stu's wheels I think. Charge $20/wheel to bore them out. I tried Cheap Thrills in Milton too, but their machinist only comes in couple times a week, so you have to leave your wheels there, whereas Tiremag did mine in an hour on a Saturday.

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
^^ Nah man he got the plate back! ^^

·
The Great White North
813 Posts
Tiremag is the only place I've heard of in the GTA that bores out wheels. They're located on 8241 Keele Street Concord, ON L4K1Z5 (just north of Highway 7). They did mine and also Stu's wheels I think. Charge $20/wheel to bore them out. I tried Cheap Thrills in Milton too, but their machinist only comes in couple times a week, so you have to leave your wheels there, whereas Tiremag did mine in an hour on a Saturday.
Thanks I'll check em out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts