Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Just make sure you anchor it down to a concrete floor.

As an option, I used this on my G1 coupe: MacPherson Strut Coil Spring Compressor Set – Ken-Tool

At first, I struggled with a compressor with regular threaded rod. These typs of compressors have a tendency to want to walk around the spring, essentially turning the spring into a banana. The Ken-Tool compressor has Acme thread rod that is better for compressive loads. These compress in a straight line rather than wanting to walk around the spring. It's all I use now.

Reactions: Bshoplak

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just make sure you anchor it down to a concrete floor.

As an option, I used this on my G1 coupe: MacPherson Strut Coil Spring Compressor Set – Ken-Tool

At first, I struggled with a compressor with regular threaded rod. These typs of compressors have a tendency to want to walk around the spring, essentially turning the spring into a banana. The Ken-Tool compressor has Acme thread rod that is better for compressive loads. These compress in a straight line rather than wanting to walk around the spring. It's all I use now.

Thanks for your advice ! I will definitely look into these. Do you use and impact wrench to compress these or do it by hand?

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Thanks for your advice ! I will definitely look into these. Do you use and impact wrench to compress these or do it by hand?
IIRC, I did it with an impact wrench. Just go slow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IIRC, I did it with an impact wrench. Just go slow.
I ended up going with your recommendation and it is working really well , no slipping or anything. Just wanted to tell you thanks and I really appreciate your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts