Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well mikemike71 and I held the Baltimore meet yesterday.

We had a total of three cars show up, my RL and Legend and his Legend.

Actually, Milke swung by so I could help him with his suspension issue.

Can you see the problem?

The perch has rotated 180 degree and the spring is now wound up too tight. This is causing the spring to rub against the upper control arm.

More pics:

We didn't solve the problem but at least we got a good diagnosis. Mike is going to get a new strut assembly to address the issue. At the same time I found torn boots on the tie rods and the axle shafts so all you high milers check yours. Cheaper to replace the boots then the axles although the labor is pretty much the same. :(

L8r!

cd

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agreed. He could get the existing perch welded into the correct position or get a new one if they sell just the perch. The spring has been wound up so I don't know the long term effects of that. He'll have to share with us what he ends up doing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
update

craigerd2 said:
He'll have to share with us what he ends up doing.
That was some meet huh Craig? I had a ball. Your're a great host!
Now about the assembly:
I had already set plans in motion to pick up a new assembly from Billy and Jeffs in South Baltimore and scheduled with a mechanic to install it. I picked up the assembly Saturday after I left "the meet" and made it to the mechanic by 5 minutes to 9 on Monday morning after dropping my daughter off at school. I stayed in the shop and watched the guy do the work. He made it look simple. By 10am I was on the road and giggling like a school girl as I was now able to remember what it felt like to drive without the car sounding like a busted accordian. I only regret not keeping the old assembly for the sake of showing it off. Oh and Craig there was something we missed. It actually was broken (the spring that is). Once it was off, it was pointed out to me.
By they way, your pics came out pretty good.

Now to get off topic for a moment, Craig took me for a ride on 100 West and showed me the wonders of the GS type II. Verrry nice indeed. I didnt see what he was pushing speed wise, but when I left his house shortly after and jumped on 100 East I was greeted by three patrol cars that had four speeders pulled to the side of the road. That's why I go easy in Howard County!

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
craigerd2 said:
Thanks! The house prices in the neighborhood have gone up 400k in three years. I just can't afford to sell and live here anymore :( Time to move to FLA.
You're just bragging, you Beltway Bandit.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Location, location, location. Being in the one of top 10 school districts in USA helps.

Duck, change your sig, I get pangs of regret everytime I see it. (or was that the purpose? :) )

Mike, yeah I figured the spring was shot, having it twisted and loaded that way, something had to give. I'm glad you went with the safe option. Type II's rock don't they. Mine runs sweet! Just bought a Bose radio off ebay so I will be at 100% perfect shortly. For all those that passed up the $5800 deal, ur nuts!!!!

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
craigerd2 said:
Duck, change your sig, I get pangs of regret everytime I see it. (or was that the purpose? :) )
Those are good rims, no complaints. Too bad my car was at the mechanics' when you came by, our cars look almost identical, it would have made for a decent photo shoot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.