Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help here. Just found this forum.

I have a 94 Legend LS Coupe and I've been having this problem with the front suspension squeeking after driving it for a while. It is very loud and annoying. I thought that it was the front struts so I got the front 2 replaced but the problem remains. What else can it be? Maybe the spring? I don't know what to do now. Has anybody ever had this problem. Where would I start to check? Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Thanks....great forum by the way.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Welcome Young Skywalker :) . You surely want to stick around here.

Does this problem happen right away, or only when you've driven for a while?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
to avoid just throwing part after part at the problem, I suggest jacking th car up, SECURING it on jackstands, and place it in neutral., Rotate the wheels front and back, push up and down on it until you can pinpoint your problem. there are many parts incorporated in the suspension/steering assy to name. I would say that it is possible that your upper control arm may need lubing, or a number of parts...but try that, with a stethoscope if necessary, of if that is not available, use a screwdriver (tip to surface of part, handle to ear) and have a friend move each piece for you.

It is possible it is sagging springs too, so just t-shoot instead of wasting money.

Upgrade recommendations: (Pick one)
Koni Struts/Eibach springs (1+ inch drop)
Koni Struts/H & R Springs (1.5+ inch drop)
Koni Struts/Ground Control Coilovers (stock - 3 inch drop)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This usually happens after driving a while (maybe until it warms up or something) but you can definitely hear it. It is even louder when going over speed bumps. I think it maybe the springs but am not sure at this point.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Without getting too expensive, it sounds like a lube job would be my first stop. Although, if you plan to make other modifications to your car in the near future,i.e. springs, struts etc., then I would save those funds for mods.:cool:

·
Registered
397 Posts
If it's Legend or Legend related, you can't find a better place to get info. See you back soon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts