Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I need your help on this. I replaced my wheel rack about a month in 1/2 ago. A few weeks ago my SRS light started flickering only when I made a left turn, but now it stays on. my horn, cruise control buttons are not working. The dealer tells me, my cable reel is probably broken because when I replace my wheel rack the mechanic was suppose to tie down the steering wheel so that it would not move during the installation of the wheel rack. Has anyone ever had this problem, if so is it the cable reel that had to be replace?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
the cable reel does carry the electrical signals for the steering wheel controls and SRS. It may just be the connector is gotten loose, which will give the same result.....connector at the bottom of the dash near gas pedal sometimes gets snagged by your toes and pulls loose, but in your case it may be the upper connector. Acura did have a tech service bulletin on cable reel assemblies, they did fail a lot too. If bad, it is not exactly cheap, around $600 US installed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Besides the dealer, do you know of any other place where I can get the cable reel at a cheaper price. Or is this one of those items you can only get it from the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.