Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing the starter on a 1992 sedan. I got the 2 main bolts off(the one on the bottem is short compared to the top one), and the wire off the capacitors.

But the starter does not wants to come off, there seems to be a a piece of stamped steel bracket on the side of the starter and does not want to come off.

Anyone has a shop/service manual for replacing the starter? or Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
348 Posts
If you have all the bolts out for sure, you 'll probably just need to use a lit force to get it away from the housing. Its probably been on there since 1992 so its a little stuck and needs some forceful influencing. Make sure all the bolts are first.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply.
And looking forward to the pix, thanks Cole Austin.

There are 2 14mm bolts, one is visible from under the car the other one is above the headers pipe, (next to the transmission dip stick), and a very long bolt.

The stamped steel bracket is pushing the starter against the engine (at lease that what I think from the limited visual when under the car).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.