Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought my 1991 legend sedan in good condition, i thought, but little by little is becoming a money pit. (i've posted thread b4 describing things done so far....no mod's yet...everytime i start to save for a mod, BANG, something happens...damn!!!!!!!!!
i need new coils for the front, coils are cut, and might as well get struts too, oem about how much..let's say 500 to 600 good ole benjies...
now my a/c is screwed up. that whole intermittent cooling on and off business..my "Mechanic" ,definitely no a/c expert, thought it was low on r12 (1991 L) to find that that isn't the only problem. he did not even know where the relay is(me either) charged it up and it's pushing it back out...he took the fuse or relay by the battery and it looks good (if that's where it is)now after he put it back in the compressor turns on. the sight glass is now cloudy but running..he hasn't recharged again..don't know why but i'll find out tonite....what's up??!! is this a legend or what.....

Damn!!!!!!
one:confused:

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Man sometimes that happens. Especially with the mileage. All I can do is Promise you that your Legend will always be a Legend in your mind. Just wait until you have to get rid of it. You will miss all those bills!!!
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
629 Posts
yo 9legand1sed I feel you on that. I myself own a 91 L coupe, And it seemed to know when I got every dime, cause thats when something went wrong. But after years of owning high mileage older cars(my Legend was the first and still is the only car in my family that was equipped with an airbag) you learn a few things. First repair what is essential to keep the car on the road. Haaa, I remember the days after I got my Legend. Lookin kinda wierd to be riding around in a luxury car in 90+ degree heat with no A/C, but guess what I had a new radiator put in cause the old one was cracked. and 2 new tires to replace the old. When my next round of money came in I then got the A/C done. Second do what I call replacement modification. For instance, I need brakes. When my next check comes in I most definitly won't be getting the stock Acura Rusti-Rotors, gotta go brembo, with some decent pads. With this setup its cheaper to go aftermarket than stock, and you will get better performance. Same could go with exhaust, intake and even tires. A set of Standard Mich. MXV4 tires go for about 125 Each. All 4=500+ tax and all the other stuff they add on. In the end the cost is about as much as some decent aftermarket wheel and tire packages. In your case search around on this board for Koni, Eibach, and H&R threads with prices and group buys, who knows for the same amount, you could go as low as you want. ALWAYS ALWAYS check the for sale section
I guess to sum it all up spend wisely and always go in with a plan.

My Legend for one, is nowhere near perfect, but its getting there. Sometimes when I'm like why did I buy this car I get out and sometimes all it takes is to look at it, or a drive and I know only the power of God could seperate me and my Legend.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys....i know its a use car..it only has 105,000...my friend has a 94 with 170,000 and mine runs smoother and the shell is in immacualate condition..it was always kept in an inside garage...

i guess that every car will need repairs done to it sooner or later..

peace

·
Registered
629 Posts
KNLNGUS said:
Armayo, let me know when your brembos and pads come in... $25.00 and a beer (or two) and I will install and torque everything to spec.

KNLNGUS
Getting paid tomorrow, brakes are my priority and Mr. Wood will be getting a call.

KNLNGUS, let me know when you are avail. and what brew you prefer and its on. I also have a few other concerns with my Legend, so I also hope you have time and patience, thanks

·
ƒŒƒWƒFƒ“ƒh
1,573 Posts
I have had the same experince as many of you. I bought the car for 7,500 and i have spent about $5,000 or more dollars on mantinace and repairs. Which always seemed to need to be done when i had enough money for mods =( But for the money i cant think of another car that causes so much enjoyment. Not to mention a 11 year old car with 131,000 miles that looks and drives better than most new cars for the $$$. Also the car has a distinct charchter that is lacking in most of the new Acura models. so continue on with the car... my car is near pefect and yet i would trade it for nothing but a select few other cars, most of which cost 6 to 30 times more than my legend. good luck.

D.

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
310 Posts
Yeah, that stinks that you got a bad apple. I still believe it's was how the car was cared for and maintained by the previous owners. As long as your engine and tranny runs smooth then you shouldn't have to worry whether to give up. If you stick to good aftermarket parts that are available for like suspension, brakes, and radiator...., maybe you might be able to restore the myth of what was once called a Legend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.