Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my steering column stopped working on my 94LS Coupe.

So after a lot of time with the Helms and an ohm meter I still can't figure it out. (Codes are 15 / 16 from the drivers blinking DPMS)

I am down to either a DPMS (Drivers Position Memory Switch) control unit, Steering Column Control Unit, Steering Column (i.e. bad motors), or wiring harness (i.e. possible short in wires).

Anyone else have a similiar experience like this that was fixed, if so what was it?

I called the dealer out of curiosity on the steering column, $2600 is their cost. YIKES!! Hope it's not that.

Cheers
-Black

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did you just get an alarm or compustar installed on your car? I had a compustar installed on my car, and now the electric tilt won't work. This was brought up awhile ago in the forum and many people had this problem after getting an alarm installed. The one person on here that said they new what was wrong was "92 sedan POS". He said he was going to post directions on how to put in a relay or something to make the tilt work with an alarm installed. But he never posted anything again, and I have written him messages a couple times and have gotten no response.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, nothing new installed. It just stopped working.

I wish is was something as easy as a messed up alarm or car starter install but unfortunately not.

Thanks for the reply.
Cheers,
-Black

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like the Tilt Fault Switch is bad. This is in the column and makes the steering wheel return to where you left it. Not one of the memory positions. When it goes bad you usually get an audible alarm after pulling the key out. Also, one or 2 of the steering wheel direction buttons won't work right. Mine did the same thing. I am looking for the part.

·
meber
978 Posts
I had a problem with my steering wheel going down. The memory was working but the button on the steering column did not. What worked for me was disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Works like a charm now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.