Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a stupid question, but I was wondering if it would be possible to replace my 91 Legend steering column with a later model G2 steering column? The 91 has a telescoping steering wheel, but does not have a height adjustment. I find this annoying because it is hard to acquire a comfortable steering position. I was also wondering if the boost can be increased on the power steering, as I find it a little stiff compared to my ist generation legend?

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
I don't see any reason why you couldn't. You'd have to wire in the electronics for the telescoping/tilt steering. Good luck.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Thats a real good question, i've never thought about that and it would be cool to switch my steering wheel for a 94-95 with telescope/tilt steering. Does anyone know for sure if it's possible?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Not sure if it is possible, but let me tell you the feature is sweet. I also like the way you can have it move out of the way when you remove/put in the key, less of hassle going in. Which was the major problem I had with my 90 Coupe.. the steering wheel would always get in the way on my way out :(

The only thing i'm afraid of is if it will mess up sooner or later with all that automatic stuff!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts