Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get in my car this morning and I decide to change the position of my steering wheel. I try to move it down and nothing happens. I can move it up, in, and out but not down. Any advice on how to fix this? Has anybody else had this problem?

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
OK...

T, my '92 L only moves in and out. I've had the steering column completely out (dashboard replacement) and there is NO up & down adjustment. Maybe this is something that is peculiar to early L models. Anybody????

·
meber
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a little more info. The steering wheel moves down when I put the key in, it moves down to the memory position but when I push the down button it does not move.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
91LSMAN said:
I don't know what year is the cut off, but early models (91, 92) only adjust in and out. But later models regardless of trim leval adjust in, out , up and down. If someone wants to go into more detail, please do.
the cut off was 93. All 91-93 legend can only telescope (in and out) but not tilt (up and down)

All 94-95 can do both electronically via switches.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
A lot of people answering questions, but not the original one that was asked, MCKell, you might have problem with the wiring, maybe in the switch, maybe a loose connection, somthin like that, caus its obviously not the motor that moves it up and down. its gotta be somethin in the switch. hope i helped
peace
Tnelson

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.