Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I went to test drive a legend today, and when u let go of the steering wheel, u see it move from side to side....the owner mentioned it needs new tires and prob balancing and alignment...will that fix the problem, or is there something more serious that should be taken care of? thanks :)

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
If they are doing that when you are not even braking, then yes they need balanced...When I first got my legend, I was an idiot and didn't get them balanced and it got to a point where on the front tires, I could see metal wires coming out of the tires and the steering wheel would dance all over the place...Even if I would have got them balanced then, they would still have made the steering wheel wiggle....Just go to a tire shop and ask them how much tread life you have left... Then if you either the tires replaced or balanced, and it wiggles when you are braking, your brake rotors need to be turned or replaced...

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
I had a similar problem and I got a wheel alignment and that stopped the problem. Also check and see if you need a wheel balancing and take it from there. It should stop after that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts