Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if it's possible to be able to use the steering wheel volume control on aftermarket radios and if so is there an adapter or something that can be use? I really wanna try to see if it'll work since i'm about to get me a new system for my car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
PESWI3

There's a company called peripheral Interface Components that specialize in linking stock/OEM parts with aftermarket Products. They came out with a Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface for the Acura Legend about a year ago, the model # is PESWI3 and dealer cost is $38.50 (I'm not sure what List price is). I have one and it works GOOD, not great but good. it isn't perfect because it works throuck an IR LED that has to be mounted so that the aftermarket head unit can see it so there is a margin of error. but if you loved your steering wheel remote you'll be satisfied, if you could have lived without it then you probably want to live without this.

Good Luck

·
Registered
513 Posts
which model interface?

user luvmylegend, the link you gave indicates that crutchfield sells steering wheel interfaces, but when i looked at the 2 models they offered neither of them were compatible to use with an acura legend. which one did you buy and how well does it work? this seems like a real cool feature. thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,173 Posts
call 1800-854-3133 or email [email protected]

they have it.

Crutchfield isn't listing the half million other cars the interface can be used on. If they won't let you order from them, I can get the piece for like $40-50. It's been a while since I ordered one, so that price may be a little different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts