Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i accelerate from a stop my steering wheel jumps to the right usually and seems to follow groves in the road easily what is this caused by??? i was thinking the brakes but while braking it barkes evenly without going to one side more.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
There are a number of things that could cause this...from as minor as needing a new tire/alignment to you have a worn outer tie-rod end on one or both sides. The tie rod runs about $60/ea at NAPA ($200+ at the dealer plus labor) This replacement is rated at about 1 hour per side. The easiest way to check (after you have checkd the wear on your rubber is to secure the vehicle on jackstands (both wheels completely off the ground...remember, SAFETY), and put the car in neutral. Go to the right side first, and see if you can make the wheel move around in its place other than rolling. If it will jiggle up and down or left to right (other than the free rolling ) then there is a possiblity that outer tie rod end is disintegrated and ready to plant you next to a tree. If you turn your wheel hard to the right, you can inspect the steering assy...Its hard to describe, so I may suggest pulling out the helms for a pic or I will see if I can take a pic later on today.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
would the tie rods make a nosie when going over a speedbump sorta like joint moving around that u can feel in the car??

also i recently had the tie rods checked and supposedly they are fine cause i posted this probablem awhile back and someone said tierods

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Roger said:
would the tie rods make a nosie when going over a speedbump sorta like joint moving around that u can feel in the car??

also i recently had the tie rods checked and supposedly they are fine cause i posted this probablem awhile back and someone said tierods
its always possible. They need to be inspected good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts