Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all -

Tomorrow I am having a stereo installed to replace the custom Bose unit that has not been functional in the 9 months I've had the car (this stereo's four amplified speakers are notorious for failing and for being expensive to repair/replace).

Just curious: Who still listens to their Legend's original factory unit, and how does it sound?

Does anyone remember what this stereo sounded like when it was new?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have the factory radio - however, since I have the base model, thankfully it's not a Bose. It works great - like new. Replaced rear speakers a couple years ago.

·
Registered
867 Posts
hey i still have the bose unit

they work fine, some songs sound great while others dont

the only problem is that there is a constant noise coming from the front right speaker/amp

im thinkings its the amp
its a really loud and annoying noise but i deal wiht it

i feel like taking it apart to see what exactly is causing it to make the noise

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Original non-Bose here. Works fine, but I get a lot of static on AM (no FM stations worth listening to out here). Might be the antenna, but I think it's the plug wires. I need new speakers, though. I got them, I'm just too lazy to put them in.

·
Registered
541 Posts
i also have the original non-bose with teh equalizer. i think it sounds decent esp with the equalizer set to my tastes. of course its not even close to the basic systems of new cars. also the tape player doesnt work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts