Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do everyone think will happen to giambi?
personally what i would like to see is to have his contract bought out.
and suspend from baseball. the commisner have to start somewhere
but that probaly wont happen becuase of the union.
this should be interesting xmas for giambi family, i wonder what his wife will say if he lose 80 million dollars before tax :confused:
if giambi admitted this, i dont think bond will be far behind.
personally
i think good riddance, this will defintly leave baseball with a blackeye. :mad:

·
Banned
3,371 Posts
its been leaked that bonds said he was oblivous to the "cream" and "clear" that his weight trainer gave him. I'm like are you serious??? why in your right mind would you take something and not ask what it is or what it does? baseball and hockey have something in common...they're both f'ed up.

The MLBPA is seriously going to have revamped that gutless testing policy they have. Giambi and Bonds and whoever else is named most likely will get away with this because the whatever they took was not illegal under the steroid policy in the bargaining agreement with the players union and owners.

i think it'd be hard to find anyone who is playing in the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA who is playing solely for the love of the game. maybe that cat thats fighting for the roster spot, but not the dude thats getting juiced up before every game and beeyatching when he thinks his money aint right a la latrell sprewell and sam cassell.

Pro sports is f'ed up.

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,414 Posts
All the other leagues have many, MANY players who take steroids and "performance enhancers"...Just because they are banned does not mean the players don't take the drugs and that the league does not turn a blind eye to it.

In sports, at the pro (and even amateur level) a fraction of a second, a tenth of a pound of weight, or a little more strength can mean the difference between winning or losing, beating or getting beaten. If under those circumstances someone came to a player and said "here, take this pill for a week and you'll be faster, stronger than you can normally", why wouldn't that player do that? Especially when everyone else is doing it? I'm not condoning it, I'm just saying I understand why it happens.

·
Registered
885 Posts
91sedan said:
i think it'd be hard to find anyone who is playing in the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA who is playing solely for the love of the game. maybe that cat thats fighting for the roster spot, but not the dude thats getting juiced up before every game and beeyatching when he thinks his money aint right a la latrell sprewell and sam cassell.
Pro sports is f'ed up.
I know that Mario Lemieux is still playing for the love of the game. I don't think anyone that survived Hodgkin's Disease, and playing in a game hours after receiveing radiation treatment is just in it for the money. And he came back from being retired to play just as well as he used to. Damn CBAs keeping hockey where it shouldn't be... the dumps.

·
Banned
3,371 Posts
stpidhoser said:
I know that Mario Lemieux is still playing for the love of the game. I don't think anyone that survived Hodgkin's Disease, and playing in a game hours after receiveing radiation treatment is just in it for the money. And he came back from being retired to play just as well as he used to. Damn CBAs keeping hockey where it shouldn't be... the dumps.
right, I see that there are a select few that are playing because they love the game like Lemeiux.

aargh, just scandal left and right just play the damn game and play it right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.