Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery went dead the yesterday so i put it on the charger, when i put it back in the car the Alarm goes off, will it just stop by it self or do i need to turn it off. if so, how do i turn it off?
Thanks, Balance~MS~

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Balance~MotorSports~ said:
My battery went dead the yesterday so i put it on the charger, when i put it back in the car the Alarm goes off, will it just stop by it self or do i need to turn it off. if so, how do i turn it off?
Thanks, Balance~MS~
Connect the battery. Let the alarm sound. Take your key and unlock one of the doors, or put the key in the ignition and turn it to the ON position. The alarm should disarm.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Yep exactly, you when you unlock the door it should go off. Actually some aftermarket go off like this too, and you need to disable it regularly via remote or what ever method is needed by you're alarm.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Make sure you unlocking the Driver's side door.

Try locking up all doors and check the hood sensor.
That is to the battary side. when the hook is closed, it trigger a sensor to tell the alarm brain the car is loocked up. Like closing your doors!

and then connect the battary and using the key unlock doors(should turn alarm off) and/or turn car on with Key( Should have no alarm on.

that hood sensor is very important.

Tip:

If you bend that senso out of the way, the alarm thinks the car is not ready to arm so the flashing alarm orange lights never blinks.

Took me awhile to figure that one out. the min I bend it in to place that the hood figure pushes that sensor part down, and I lock up the car, the alarm works!

hope it works out.

·
Registered
96 Posts
sorry to bring this thread back up...but can somebody post a picture of this "sensor" that I should bend? I know people keep pointing me to the paper clip thread but isn;t that for G2 legends only??? I have a G1 coupe and would like to know where this sensor under the hood is so I can bend it. It's really annoying that I have to open my passenger door everytime I get in, otherwise the alarm goes crazy. So if you have a picture of the sensor...can you post it?

·
-------------------------
1,973 Posts
Wow lol a thread that's almost two years old...

As for the sensor, I don't have a pic, but it is very easy to spot. Stand in front of the car in the center. Open the hood, then look straight down at the grill from above. Go to your right a little bit and about an inch towards the rear of the car is the sensor. It is circular with a little thing sticking out of it to catch the hood. I'll get pictures of it tomorrow if you need them.

·
Mo*or Mo**h
1,722 Posts
You know when you reverse the battery terminals on a Legend, the horns blow?
That, and the 70Amp Starter Bus Fuse.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If I have both door locked and try to unlock the passenger door first, my alarm will go off until I unlock the driver's door and put the key in ignition. Is this normal with our Legend? Sometime this can be embarrasing. The first time I dated my girlfriend, we had a great time in a restaurant and walked to the car. I unlocked the passenger's door for her and BAM~~~the alarm went off :(

·
Registered
342 Posts
So being a gentleman doesnt pay off.....

·
Mo*or Mo**h
1,722 Posts
Nope, not dark. The battery guy provided me with a battery that had the polls reversed from the one I gave them. It would be near impossible to actually reverse the cables since they don't reach a criss-cross or a crossover to far side easily. The pos/neg posts are also different sizes, so if you put the negative on first, it fits a little loose. Then, try to put the little too tight positive terminal on and it sets the horn off and blows the 70A fuse. Good thing I was sitting right in front of the parts store. It also took me a couple of tries to figure out what happened. Had to notice the + and - signs on the battery where off. Wasn't a red/green situation.

But, figured someone might wonder what would happen if....

·
Mo*or Mo**h
1,722 Posts
Masupra,

I had a little trouble like you describe after I had to have my door handle replaced.
Dealer did it, but the locks never seemed to quite be right again after, until I fixed it.

Not exactly sure what I did that fixed it, however. I've been into the door quite a bit and each time fiddle with it to see if I could make a difference.

But, I'm of the thinking that at the time the connections are made, both doors need to be in the same state. That is, if you connect the driver door lock in an unlocked position when the passenger door is locked, they get out of sync.

The other thing which may help and not require going in, is to cycle through all the lock/unlock possibilities for each door and by every means a couple of times to get them sync'd up.

That would be power unlock driver, power lock driver, manual lock driver, manual unlock driver, use the handle pull to force lock the driver door from the outside when closing. Then, do it all for the passenger side. Repeat a couple of times. The passenger side power lock will also lock the driver door and stay locked when the door is closed from the outside, unlike the driver door (unless the handle pull technique is used).

Anyway, you get the idea. Get them coordinated. Then, test the security. Keep an eye on the security light setting as you work. Wait for it to blink when you expect it should.

Just a thought. Let us know if it works for you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts