Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the sizes of the small tweeters in the rear deck of the premium Bose setup out of a 95 GS?

The rear deck are 6x9, the front doors are 6-3/4, but what about those small speakers in the rear?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
JackRabbit said:
What are the sizes of the small tweeters in the rear deck of the premium Bose setup out of a 95 GS?

The rear deck are 6x9, the front doors are 6-3/4, but what about those small speakers in the rear?
They're probably 1 1/2 in tweeters. If you're thinking of replacing them. Don't even bother, you will not even hear them in between the 6x9s.

G

·
I think it's pretty funny that those tweeters were there in the first place. BOSE would have just been better off putting some 6x9 coaxials back there. If you ask me, the rear tweeters just get in the way :p. I hear a lot of people complain about the stock system though, but I think that it sounds pretty good. It's definitely not going to take on any really nice MB Quart or Infinity speakers, but I like it a lot more than some of those companies lower end stuff which is a lot to ask from a stock system.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
The rear twetters are identical to the front tweeters. Both are retangular by the way. Also, you can hear them. I personally disconnected mine with I had my OEM setup because the tweeters draw your attention to the rear. After disconnecting them, I get a better frontal soundstage. Well, as good as the stock system could offer at the time :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts