Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last night on my way home, i'm cruising on the highway minding my business. out of nowhere i here a tuned car coming up fast. its an integra.ok, whatever. well, he pulls behind ME for some reason (i wonder why). well, he sees i am not about to race so he goes by me trying to be all tough. this thing is worked, custom paint job, super drop, full body kit molded and shhh, you know. so he starts going the speed limit, almost. i catch up with him because i started going like 65 now. we're both side by side, and i tell the person on the phone to hold on a minute. this guy is revving his sh it up and what not so i figure, why not? we both take off from roughly 65 and this thing basically looked like it was standing still. so once i hit 90 i let off. and start slowing. yo like 25 seconds later this guy blows buy me WOT. i just laughed. at the light he rolled down his window and was looking pretty dissapointed, asking me what i've done to my car. i was like , ahem, stock. if you want to race after im tuned, lemme know. then he dropped his clutch at the light while i rolled away laughing knowing he was mad all the money he spent didn't do too much for him. it's funny how integra owners always want to race us legends and alw3ays get smoked, even them type r's. i wont even tell you about the civic hatchback that same night ten minutes earlier that tried to roast me...lets just say his car started to rattle and some shi t fell off from his undercarriage. poor guy:p

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
87 south going through Yonkers

·
Registered
191 Posts
smoovie--smoov said:
it's funny how integra owners always want to race us legends and alw3ays get smoked, even them type r's.
Hmm, i dunno about that one. You'd have to have a super tuned Legend to be able to stay with a TypeR. I dunno about yours, but my Legend doesn't exactly run 15.0, well, not without my NOS anyway. But congrats on the smoking of the other dude. Good job;)

-GR

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
have you ever raced one? my friend drives a type r, they aren't as quick as everyone thiks. once they reach 90-100 they don'y have much power left.

·
Registered
191 Posts
smoovie--smoov said:
have you ever raced one? my friend drives a type r, they aren't as quick as everyone thiks. once they reach 90-100 they don'y have much power left.
Well, the racing that i do is strictly quarter mile (or something close to it if it's somewhere at a stoplight) so we'd have little chance against a TypeR there. But I wouldn't be surprised if a Legend could take a TypeR from 80-130 or something like that. But to me, that kinda racing is just not suitable for the street, that's how people end up dead.

-GR

·
Registered
507 Posts
notice how he said they started at 65? 4 bangers can't accelerate as quickly at those speeds, and can't top out as high. I raced my friend's integra (high performance catalytic converter, catback exhaust and riced out) on the highway, gave him a good 10 second head start, and nearly caught up with him (doing 130) before we both had to get off an exit not 2 miles away from where we started.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
Type R's do 0-60 in about 6 secs i think?
and 1/4 mile should be about high 13's or low 14's.........the GSR does it in 15.
More like mid to high 6 seconds with good drivers, and mid to high 14 seconds. No way a stock ITR does high 13s. I will give an ITR low to mid 14s given an excellent driver and drag slicks on a good day, but that's it.

By the way, I bet I could hang with a stock ITR :D Unless the road starts turning :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.