Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever installed the under body street glow gold kits on there legend and if so was it a hard thing to do?

Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
Aren't those things illegal here! If not, I have to re-evaluate my purchases, I have always wanted neon. :cool:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Had them on my coupe for about 1 year (UNTIL ONE BULB BROKE):mad:

They may look good with your car dropped, but they are a pain in the butt to drive with over speed bumps and pot holes.
They had to be re-tighten every 3 weeks as the screw's come loose and MUST be taken off in the winter (if you live where it snows:( (like me)

I hit a raccon, just barly (it was dead already) and it smashed my driver side bulb and that was the end of that.

You also have to make sure to tell anyone working on your car (oil change,etc...) anything your car needs to be jacked up for about them as they are very long on the sides(coupe) and there is just enough room to fit the mounts under the car.

Good Luck

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pYmpdaddi
They are illegal here if you are driving with them on but not if you have them for show you just cant have them on when you are driving.

·
Registered
851 Posts
From what I know, neon is illegal if the person outside can see the neon light tube itself. But, if all you can see is the reflection on the road, that's perfectly legal. I might be wrong, but who knows.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Illegal to have them turned on here. I have no idea why, though.

For me, I would want my exterior to be completely done (good paint, drop, rims, etc...) before I put on neons. Neons draw attention, so your car better be pimped out totally if you are going to have them.

·
Registered
327 Posts
acuraboy said:
Eye Candy
Did you install yours your self if so was it hard to do?
I installed it myself. Took about 6 hours in total because I did not want anyone too see my tubes, just the light on the ground. Also there was a problem with them just putting 2 black wirers (no color change between positive and negative, not even writing).

So I had to connect each light first and check each one manually:mad: Was a total waste of time, but the end result was SWEET. Local shops wanted between $100-$150 Canadian for the install :eek: so that is what motivated me to do it myself.

Good Luck and make sure you pick a color that matches your car, don't get blue if you have an all red car:confused:

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Any lighting accessories are illegal in california, because they "Distract".............. Damn laws, look @ our tints, we could hardly have any on the side windows. They probably wont tell you anything if you have it off while driving though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts