Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's that time where i'm finally considerin mods for my car :) I've decided i'll probably go with a stromung cat-back, but I don't want anything too loud, and i don't want it to drone. Does anyone have experience with this exhaust? Any opinions on it? Does it sound fairly close to stock, i want the legend to retain it's classy touch :) thanks in advance :)

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup, i convinced by looks :) and i want more performance/tubing than just the remus, so i decided that stromung would prob be my best bet, but my main concern now is the interior noise, i want it just barely or very slightly noticeable and unintrusive, and also i don't want it to cause any additional vibrations, how's the stromung with those factors?

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I have the stromung cat-back on my g1- coupe. The stromung sounds the same on the g1 as well as the g2.
when I purchased the exhaust I was also concerned about the noise level b/c I didn't want my car to sounds like one of those loud a$$ civics. The sound change is similar to that after u install an intake. At idle it sounds stock- and when u accelerate there a low growl- Not an annoying growl but a low sporty one.
Of course it's louder then the stock set up- but it's not too loud. The interior noise is very low- and it won't bother the people in your car. After I installed it I drove my parents to a few places and they said the noise was very low.
The interior noise may be even lower in a g2 b/c u guys may have more noise insulation then the g1's have.

In short - just get it you'll be very happy with.

Just to add something- I've recently added a high- flow cat to my setup and that increassed my exhaust noise- It's still sounds nice but just a little louder-

Good luck
Esti

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Esti said:

Just to add something- I've recently added a high- flow cat to my setup and that increassed my exhaust noise- It's still sounds nice but just a little louder-

Good luck
Esti
Whose your daddy.
lol..

(just felt like saying that for no reason)..

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i'm reconsidering the remus now, i've heard nothing but good things about it, i'm thinking of making a custom 2.5" catback out of it or something. the main thing i want to avoid is loud interior noise, my old arospeed was louder in the car than outside, it was a nice deep tone, but just too loud. Thanks for your help guys. how's the remus as far as performance gains?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
It isnt loud at all. Compared to my friends 92 legend with just a univ. muffler mine was whisper wuiet. I also had the RM racing exhaust which was really loud IMHO. The stromung offerrs great bang for the buck value.

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
see my main objectives are to acheive a performance gain (not the most possible, cuz if i wanted that i'd buy the Greddy) as well as a nice exhaust tone with a muffler that flows with the legends styling. i also want to avoid the scenario i was in with my old legend where there was more noise INSIDE than out, and that constant droning. everytime i slightly accelerated everyone could hear it. With the Remus i hear that the sound is behind the car, and only when getting on it do u hear a still pleasant and unintrusive tone. I'm not saying the Stromung is bad at all, but for my situation, Remus may be the best option. I'm still researching as spending $400-500 on just a muffler is pretty steep, but from what i hear, it's well worth it.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
DSMKiller said:
see my main objectives are to acheive a performance gain (not the most possible, cuz if i wanted that i'd buy the Greddy) as well as a nice exhaust tone with a muffler that flows with the legends styling. i also want to avoid the scenario i was in with my old legend where there was more noise INSIDE than out, and that constant droning. everytime i slightly accelerated everyone could hear it. With the Remus i hear that the sound is behind the car, and only when getting on it do u hear a still pleasant and unintrusive tone. I'm not saying the Stromung is bad at all, but for my situation, Remus may be the best option. I'm still researching as spending $400-500 on just a muffler is pretty steep, but from what i hear, it's well worth it.
Same with the stromung. Noise in the car is little and no droning. I just want to leave your options open.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
DSMKiller, I'll try and record the sound of my exaust from inside and outside the car sometime this weekend for ya and get it on my PC so you can download it :)

I love my Stromung and if I had to do it again, I'd have my entire exaust system redone so I could fit two Stromung exausts under there :D

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
NickD said:
DSMKiller, I'll try and record the sound of my exaust from inside and outside the car sometime this weekend for ya and get it on my PC so you can download it :)

I love my Stromung and if I had to do it again, I'd have my entire exaust system redone so I could fit two Stromung exausts under there :D
:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.