Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which car and year was it that the strut bar fit the legend with a little modification? How hard is it to modify it to fit and what's involved in modifying it to fit? Do the screws fit right into it or does it need new holes also?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thats mine... Ill see if I cant take another picture of it when I get home (in 1 1/2 hrs)... its from a 5thGen Prelude (oddly enough we share quite a few parts with those)

·
Registered
166 Posts
sorry, to answer the rest of your questions... the holes line up fine, but the bases withh face the wrong way (more towards the front of the car then facing eachother so the bar can slide in) and they are a little low so you have to rase them up alittle, I did it with a braker bar.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Legend O Power - When you say 5th generation prelude, which years would that be? Pics would be great. And where do I get whatever you used to bend it with,braker bar?

LegendGS, I just throughly read that post, but $245 is a bit steep for me for a bar. I'm actually just interested in the looks of it, rather then performance. Goodluck with that groupbuy though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
if memory serves, 97-01 is 5gen. I got mine from autodynamic for $35 :-D... if you got them, you would see real quick whare it needs to be bent at... DV-8 got this also, and I think he actually heated his then bent it to whare he needed it, then repaint it, but ya, I can get those pictures as soon as I get off work no prob

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I have one that I will sell for 30 shipped to someone if need be.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Legend O Power, looks great! Have you had any problems with it?

Blo, is it new, used, already modified, or needs to be modified, any pics,brand, etc.....

G

·
0 Posts
Did it help handling a lot, could you tell a difference? I want to try to find a way to get sway bar working.

·
Registered
166 Posts
ya, it did help, you can really tell the difference when going into a transition from turn to turn. Never had one problem with it. Thanx for the complament :D

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
You guys have me wanting to go and buy a strut bar from a prelude and trying to modify it but as far as the modifications is concerned, what do you rate it as far as it being an easy mod or is it something I should have a shop do?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Dude, it was pretty easy... Mine came off my roomates Prelude before he sold it... I just said "dude, that looks like it would almost fit my Legend" so I took it (I gave him $20) and took me about 40min to bend it whare I liked it and have everything installed. the key is to have the bolts for the bar in the base when you bend it. If you have any problems just give me an email.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Thanks for that info legend O power, but do I bend it before I install it or can it be bent while on the car???

·
Registered
166 Posts
you have to install everything but the bar (just the bases), then bend them while they are on the car till you get it whare you like it. Slip the bar in, and screw it down

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Thanks for that info Leged O Power. I'll try that soon. The bar shouldn't be no more than like $30 so its worth a try.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts