Acura Legend Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been able to source a fabricator who will be able to reproduce the MLS Twin Tower Strut Bars that some of us have purchased from Japan.

I'll have some pictures later, but for now, you can see a couple of pics of it in EK's car here. Just look for EK's engine bay.

The price, based on a minimum of 10 orders will be $245 shipped, and will take about a month to fill (counting from the time the final order for this batch is placed).

Email me if you are interested. ([email protected])

·
Registered
270 Posts
What years of strut bars are available???? It would save me the time if they are avail. for the G1 !!!!

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
LegendGS,

so did you and Fut get your strut bars yet? Claus44 posted a message saying he got his in the other forum.

I couldn't find a time to go over to the place in January. My dad's car broke down, so he started driving the Legend to work.

- ek

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
LegendGS, is $245 shipped a good price? How much did you pay for the JDM one? Tell us about your experience with it....Noticeably stiffer? Thanks.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cdndvl said:
What years of strut bars are available???? It would save me the time if they are avail. for the G1 !!!!
Unfortunately, not at this time. I'm sure that it can be done, but a donor car would probably be needed as there aren't any readily available strut bars for G1s that the fabricator can work off of.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
E K said:
LegendGS,

so did you and Fut get your strut bars yet? Claus44 posted a message saying he got his in the other forum.

I couldn't find a time to go over to the place in January. My dad's car broke down, so he started driving the Legend to work.

- ek
Yeah, we got ours a couple of weeks ago (same day claus44 got his). Fut made it down there last week, I believe.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
92legend said:
LegendGS, is $245 shipped a good price? How much did you pay for the JDM one? Tell us about your experience with it....Noticeably stiffer? Thanks.
Well, EK paid close to $400 for his, while those of us who got it through the Shinkai Racing container buy paid about $280.

IMO, $245 isn't a bad price.

I did find that my car feels a lot more firm since I installed the strut bar. Very nice, solid feel to it.

G

·
Is the change Really noticeable.... cause with all these GB's going on lately I'm beginning to go broke, and have to start deciding more carefully what my next mods are. Thanks.

BTW, just wanted to let everyone know that that was my 200th post :D yeah baby!!! :cool:

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
LegendGS,

I'm glad you and Fut got the bars. It is a nice unit, and it's good to hear that I wasn't imagining things when I said that the car is a lot stiffer in the front.

- ek

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
So stiffer is a good thing? I'm just trying to figure out what exactly strut bars accomplish...

·
Registered
139 Posts
just out of curiosity

why would you go out and pay $245 for a strut bar when you can get one for a prelude for $25 and make it work. This is what I was going to do but I'm open to suggestions.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've never gone the Prelude strut bar route so I can't comment with certainty, but the idea that:

1 - The bar can be bent to fit, makes me wonder about its rigidity.
2 - I believe that the mounting points on the Prelude strut bar are hinged, which begs to question the same.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
E K said:
LegendGS,

I'm glad you and Fut got the bars. It is a nice unit, and it's good to hear that I wasn't imagining things when I said that the car is a lot stiffer in the front.

- ek
Yeah, as soon as I got it installed, I took it out for a spin and was pleasantly surprised by the difference it made. :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
You have a good point but I think all strut bars can be bent, it just takes some doing and I don't know what it will take to bend the prelude one. I'd like to see some pics of the Legend specific bar though.

·
187 Posts
Hey Legend GS:

How did you manage to get your strutbar from SKR? I called them to ask them for a refund, and they told me that they were suing Dale Davis and that he had more or less ran off with the money...
If you have any contact info for Dale, could you forward it to me?

thnx.:mad:

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Really sorry to hear about that. Whom did you speak with at SKR? Did they say why they were suing?

I contacted Dale using the email address that he had provided at the forum earlier last month. He did tell me that he had three on hand, and had them earmarked for those of us who received them recently.

He explained that much of the delay was due to his moving and settling into Japan.

The email address that I have been using to contact him is [email protected]

Good luck with it and let me know what you hear either here or by email. Thanks!

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
mfjonny said:
Hey Legend GS:

How did you manage to get your strutbar from SKR? I called them to ask them for a refund, and they told me that they were suing Dale Davis and that he had more or less ran off with the money...
thnx.:mad:
No f'in sh!t. But the last time I checked their website they were still touting their association with Dale.

The only way I got my money back was to bad mouth them on the IS300 forums.

BTW: Dale Davis is supposedly an officer in the USN (according to a post on the IS300 forums). You could try contacting NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Service) if you think you were robbed.

·
Registered
847 Posts
yes, the strut bars made a great great difference.

With stock suspension and 18 inch wheels on my car, the ride of the car was good but wasn't quite right. After the installation of the sturt bars, the car now feels very close and competitive to those German cars!! However, the most important thing that the bars changed was the fact that now fast and sharp cornering are much much and much(!!!) more predictable and controllable even with stock suspension. Not to mention that the interior of the car doesn't squeak like before. So if you are picky about the ride quality, want the big wheels, and you don't want to drop your car, this is a must buy for you!!

Fun92: No, unlike the $30 prelude bars, you simply won't be able to bent the MLS bars with your bare hands.(my brother in law tried, he wanted to test MLS's quality) These are composed of two rounded bars(remember the volks wagen commercial?) with not movable bases. Using this bar as a handle, I can shake the entire car(I did, was checking for tightness of the log nuts) and the handle doesn't bent/flex at all.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.