Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can somebody explain to me the differences between these two? Where they mount to, what aspect of the chasis they contribute to, etc.? I know that the strut bars are an add-on that controls chasis flex, but what do sway bars do? Don't our cars already HAVE sway bars? Also, do they have to be done in pairs, i.e., front and rear? If we can set up reay strut bar, where would they be mounted to? I was under the assumption that the entire back section (behind my rear seats, where the speakers are mounted) acted as a rear strut support (X-brace?)...

sorry so long...

·
Registered
288 Posts
the sway bar that i am developing is a stiffer than stock sway bar. what this does is keep the car from leaning or swaying when you take a corner hard.

the tower bars try to keep the chassis from flexing a bit so that the suspension could do its job. in my opinion, i dont think rear strut tower bar is necessary.

as for feel..... you will notice the sway bar modification more. it is hard to actually visualize what the differences are between stock and aftermarket sway bar. try to find someone that has aftermarket sway bars for any car and try to get a ride in it. you will notice how much less the car will lean into a turn.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Are you developing upgraded front AND rear sway bars then? Do they have to be done in pairs?

well... the rear sway bar is finished for my car, but i want it a little more stiffer. without making the front stiffer, i think it is too dangerous for everyday driving to just change the front. so, i am going to goto a larger diameter rear and a stiffer front bar as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.