Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Updated!

OK, I think that we should get this rolling.

For those of you who are reading of this for the first time, check the original thread for information.

Basically, these will be based on the existing MLS Strut Tower Bars, but fabricated here for a little less. We have been assured that quality will meet, if not exceed that of the MLS units.

The price will be $245 shipped, and is expected to take about a month to complete.

This is based on a minimum of 10 units ordered, and indications are that we will meet this figure. Update (3/13/02): We have enough to proceed with this project. Final day for receipt of payment is Friday, 15th of March.

In the interest of everyone's protection, and to minimize the likelihood of complications, it was decided that the preferred form of payment would be PayPal, and shipping will only be made to PayPal verified addresses.

Payment will be required in advance as we cannot start production until full commitment has been reached.

Update: To avoid fees (thus adding to the price), I've decided that PayPal payments are welcome from anyone making payments from their bank account or PayPal balance. (PayPal charges 2.9%+ $0.30 for the luxury of accepting credit cards). If you do not wish to make use of PayPal's services, please make payment in the form of a cashier's cheque or money order. Please email me at [email protected] for payment and mailing information if you wish to go that route.

Update: For those of you who would still prefer to make a credit card payment through PayPal, I do have an account that is able to accept such payments, but will have to add PayPal's fee of $7.41 (2.9% + $0.30) to the total. This would bring the cost of each strut tower bar to $252.41. I have updated the link below with the new credit card option.

To place your order, please click here.

Thanks! Let's get this going! :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
Dave C ver2.0 said:
Sorry for locking the original thread but SKRPs last post not acceptable.

Keep it civil folks.
but we aren't talking about SKR here :D Should've started another thread so that you can communicate with him better and would've let the project go more smoothly:)

Anyways, hope you guys give Graeme a chance to help you guys out. He's the McGuyver in the SoCal area. :p

hmm... did I spell that name right???

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave,

That's fine. No biggie. :)

Keith,

I haven't decided on an end-date yet, but would like to get this ball rolling ASAP. The sooner we can get 10 or more committed buyers (read "paid"), the sooner we can start production.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
claus44 said:
Anyways, hope you guys give Graeme a chance to help you guys out. He's the McGuyver in the SoCal area. :p

LOL!!! :D I cracked up the first time I read your sig! :D

Actually, Fut started on this. I'm just handling this end of things. :)

Hopefully, we can build and maintain a good supply of stuff for our Legends down the road (no pun intended). :)

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
claus44 said:

but we aren't talking about SKR here :D Should've started another thread so that you can communicate with him better and would've let the project go more smoothly:)

That's right, but SKRP was butting in and makeing personal attacks.

·
Registered
386 Posts
STRUT BARS

Are G1 Legends in on this? And if so how much for G1s seeing as the engine bay is different.:(

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: STRUT BARS

Mr. Bigs said:
Are G1 Legends in on this? And if so how much for G1s seeing as the engine bay is different.:(
Not this time around. Let us get this one out of the way first, and then discuss the G1 project. In the interest of keeping the price down, the logistics on this project is quite a task. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm in..

LegendGS,

Put me down for one..you can count on me !!
I just need about 2 weeks time..Will be useing Paypal..

Keith.

G

·
0 Posts
Ok, so I'm confused, is this going to be for the front an the rear?

I think that we should bag this whole Idea and have someone make us antisway bars :D. That would be way more effective, and plus it can't be much harder than making strut tower bars (and we already have one anyways, even though its pretty weak sauce.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This will be for the front. Yup. Sway bars are something that I'm sure a lot of us are interested in, but these strut bars can be fabricated now because we have a readily available model to work from.

These strut bars do actually make a difference, which is why we've decided to go ahead with this project.

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
For those of you that are on the fence about this GB, do it! I have the MLS strut bar and it makes an incredible difference in the stiffness of the front end. Out of all the mods I've done, this one is the one that has been the most noticable (outside of my intake).

Just my .02--- :D

·
Registered
847 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Ok, so I'm confused, is this going to be for the front an the rear?

I think that we should bag this whole Idea and have someone make us antisway bars :D. That would be way more effective, and plus it can't be much harder than making strut tower bars (and we already have one anyways, even though its pretty weak sauce.
no, strut bars and anti sway bars are totally different and are for different things. Strut Bars adds rigidity to the car, thus make the car turn and handle bumps without body flex. That way, the movement of the car is much more predictable and more tossable. Anti sway bars are used to lock the suspension together and even the load, thus reducing body roll and can be used to correct over/under steer by adding weight to the front or the rear. Both does even the load on suspension, but have different perspectives and objectives.

And Graeme, I should have known it's FUT building up his inventory again :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not at this time...This GB is for the front bar..They are copying
the MLS bar from J-land..costing us less money ( THANKS )..
I dont think any one make a rear ones for our cars. :(

1 - 20 of 46 Posts