Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Strut Bars

As far as I know the only way you or any of us G1 owners are gonna get strut bars is to make them ourselves. Alexi has made a set for his G1 sedan but, he isn't making any for anyone else. However he has left the directions for anyone who wants to tackle the job themselves. You will have to go to the old forum for the instructions. Too bad we can't get these mass produced because I love to get the front and rear strut tower bars on my G1 coupe, I'd pay at least $200 per strut tower brace. Its too bad we can't find one of these aftermarket companies to make them for us.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm gonna try my hand at them this summer... Got other stuff I've got to be doing right now !!
Already got the materials..... :D

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Re: Strut Bars

Mr. Bigs said:
As far as I know the only way you or any of us G1 owners are gonna get strut bars is to make them ourselves. Alexi has made a set for his G1 sedan but, he isn't making any for anyone else. However he has left the directions for anyone who wants to tackle the job themselves. You will have to go to the old forum for the instructions. Too bad we can't get these mass produced because I love to get the front and rear strut tower bars on my G1 coupe, I'd pay at least $200 per strut tower brace. Its too bad we can't find one of these aftermarket companies to make them for us.
Show @NOPI and see what happens.....

BE THERE!

·
Registered
270 Posts
After I get mine built, I MAY be up for helping others out... We'll see how it goes...

·
Registered
270 Posts
He's just saying "GO METRIC" !!!

It's just all in millimeters... That's all...

·
Registered
270 Posts
There are 10 millimetres to a centimetre... 100 centimetre to a metre...3.3 feet to a metre... 2.5 centimetres to an inch...

mm=millimetre
cm=centimetre
m=metre

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
humm i have a problem with the support's, i got the right measurements and stuff, but im not sure of how to construct it and its shape, if anyone can take a closer picture of their support bars for the struts it would help alot. thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
but im concerned about the labor price. That stuff is costly with thoes shops that try to make alot of money off people like us. Im working on my own struts right now, i have a air compressor with drill attacments and ect. So if my project works out well, i'll consider making more for you guys. And i promise that i will only charge you material price + 5 dollars more, i will also ship a reciept for the material's with the complated project, to prove to you the exact price.

·
Registered
386 Posts
AN IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If someone can make a set of front and rear strut bars and contact an aftermarket manufacturer maybe we can talk them into making the front and rear struts for us at a very resonable price not to mention all the other Legend owners that would love to get there hands on such a product. My theory is that if we can show them the finished product with all the necessary dimensions maybe they will be willing to put it into production. It least its worth a shot.:D

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what if they take our finished strut and keep it, and not put it into production. Wasted time for nothing =). sure i'll see if i can finish one and have aem or something put it into production. Hope they consider making some legend parts.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Im almost willing to try the Accord strut bar. Or something that looks close to our size. It makes no sence that we cant get a strut bar being in the same family as a Honda. I think they have one for every model.

for 90-93 Accord

from 94-97
they have them starting from 1986 to year 99 on the Accord. All I want to know is does one of those years fit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts