Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always race my boy home from school and the race is always neck in neck. I have a 92 5 speed legend and he has like a 93 or 94 Q-45. It seems like if I take off good I win the race but if the take off isn't I loose. I would like to know the best way to dust his @ss all the time with out messing up my car. Put me down with all the tricks of the trade with the rpm readings. Race tips appreciated. My car is mostly stock but Still I dust these petty non legend owners. If you know how to do reverse 180's and 360's and stuff in that type of category, put me on with the information. Don't leave another legend hanging.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
HAHA u wana do some 180s hu? ha well first off if u dont wana mess anything up it needs to be wet but doesnt have to be :) anyways go about 30 or 35 put the car in neutral pull the emergency brake up as hard as you can and yank the wheel whicever direction. It will mess you car up though after a while. Dont do reverse 180s look gay but its like having a rear wheel drive rear engine car and it spins around like crazy. U should try doughnuts backwards

·
Registered
702 Posts
i got the best idea...just go all out and crazy...first get twisted as sh*t so you don't have any common sense left :D ...then set up a nice ramp...and floor it....and go fast as sh*t and try to jump the ramp...you either land it right or you don't :D ...if you do manage to do this right, you can always try new things like doing a flip or something....better have some good insurance :D :D :D :D :D :D ---haven't you ever seen the movie road trip??? hehehehe

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you're not launching the car at all now and it is a close race, you should be able to beat him very easily by launching at 1800 RPM. Just rev to 1800 and drop the clutch, there will be some wheel spin, then bring every gear up to 6k before you switch. Also, try to switch gears as fast as possible without missing any gears (common sense). As far as messing up your car, you will wear the tires, clutch, and motor ect.. faster than normal driving,
so if your car has maintenance issues, I wouldn't recommend ragging on it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've found that the quickest way to take off is to rev it to about 2500-2800 rpm and then slip the clutch a little to eliminate wheel spin. If I drop the clutch hard enough to break the tires loose I have to back off the throttle or I won't get traction till second gear, and that slows you down a lot. Reverse donuts are really easy, just find a clear area and put the wheel all the way to one side, then just rev er up and drop the clutch. fun stuff. As others have said this is very hard on your car and I haven't actually done this in my legend. My mom's subaru on dirt however.....

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
DaTimez420 said:
i got the best idea...just go all out and crazy...first get twisted as sh*t so you don't have any common sense left :D ...then set up a nice ramp...and floor it....and go fast as sh*t and try to jump the ramp...you either land it right or you don't :D ...if you do manage to do this right, you can always try new things like doing a flip or something....better have some good insurance :D :D :D :D :D :D ---haven't you ever seen the movie road trip??? hehehehe
:D :D

very funny

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
CODY690 said:
HAHA u wana do some 180s hu? ha well first off if u dont wana mess anything up it needs to be wet but doesnt have to be :) anyways go about 30 or 35 put the car in neutral pull the emergency brake up as hard as you can and yank the wheel whicever direction. It will mess you car up though after a while. Dont do reverse 180s look gay but its like having a rear wheel drive rear engine car and it spins around like crazy. U should try doughnuts backwards
It was raining the other night so I thought i should try it . Well I did but it did more than 180 I couldn't really controll it like i wanted to but thanx. sho nuff reverse doughnuts are the $H!T.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DaTimez420 said:
First of all I stay twisted than a mua. Seccond of all don't tell anybody but my insurance is kinda like in the process. Finally I can't build a ramp, so if you want this to go down you make the ramp and run it first. we can play horse.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KenS said:
If you're not launching the car at all now and it is a close race, you should be able to beat him very easily by launching at 1800 RPM. Just rev to 1800 and drop the clutch, there will be some wheel spin, then bring every gear up to 6k before you switch. Also, try to switch gears as fast as possible without missing any gears (common sense). As far as messing up your car, you will wear the tires, clutch, and motor ect.. faster than normal driving,
so if your car has maintenance issues, I wouldn't recommend ragging on it.
Good lookin out on the info. 6k is serious.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fun92 said:
I've found that the quickest way to take off is to rev it to about 2500-2800 rpm and then slip the clutch a little to eliminate wheel spin. If I drop the clutch hard enough to break the tires loose I have to back off the throttle or I won't get traction till second gear, and that slows you down a lot. Reverse donuts are really easy, just find a clear area and put the wheel all the way to one side, then just rev er up and drop the clutch. fun stuff. As others have said this is very hard on your car and I haven't actually done this in my legend. My mom's subaru on dirt however.....
The wheel spinning till seccond is exactly what i'm talking about. I hate that shiz. Once again Yes reverse donuts are the truth.

·
Registered
702 Posts
5speed4door said:
First of all I stay twisted than a mua. Seccond of all don't tell anybody but my insurance is kinda like in the process. Finally I can't build a ramp, so if you want this to go down you make the ramp and run it first. we can play horse.
hahaha, i hear ya man...i was riding without insurance for a long time too until my car got broken into and my whole system stolen and i was out a lot of money, so i had to get insurance right away. you need insurance, i know how easy it is to b.s. it and put it off and not get it but you may need it one day...i learned that the hard way after losing out like $1500 in stuff, and if i was insured that would've been a nice little check coming in from the insurance company.

i got no clue how to make a ramp cuz i'm too lazy! hahaha, so no horse...but how bout a game of chicken? hehehe :D ...just wait till i get a rental car, no way in my legend! haha

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DaTimez420 said:

hahaha, i hear ya man...i was riding without insurance for a long time too until my car got broken into and my whole system stolen and i was out a lot of money, so i had to get insurance right away. you need insurance, i know how easy it is to b.s. it and put it off and not get it but you may need it one day...i learned that the hard way after losing out like $1500 in stuff, and if i was insured that would've been a nice little check coming in from the insurance company.

i got no clue how to make a ramp cuz i'm too lazy! hahaha, so no horse...but how bout a game of chicken? hehehe :D ...just wait till i get a rental car, no way in my legend! haha
Dam homeboy didn't mean to bring up any bad memories about the loss. Insurance is a must. A game of chicken you say..... I don't think i'm that blidded... not yet at least.. but i'm bout to get like this little yellow face so holla:D

·
Registered
702 Posts
haha, nah man it's all good, i learned my lesson...i never had insurance on my first car, but this one after break in was a must...my car's in the shop for a couple of more weeks cuz some b*tch hit me so it's getting all fixed up perfect...nah, i wouldn't play chicken with nobody unless i was driving like one of those big a.ss boats (like the old school caddies or something huge) cuz then it'd be all good! haha...can't wait to get my car back in a couple of weeks...will be back to looking like this:

:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts