Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my headlights (low and high).. but winded up with one shooting basically straight up at the sky, and the other out to the right.. so my sight at night now sucks. I tried moving them around a little bit, but to no use. I called Pep Boys, they claimed I can only get them fixed at Acura, which i'm thinking.. at the dealership, it will be pricey. Anyone got a tip of how to re-allign them? or know the price Acura will charge?

· Registered
2,503 Posts
Did you make sure that you put the lights in correctly? They can only go in one way. Make sure that you installed them correctly otherwise I don't have a clue about adjusting them. It would be handy to know if anybody is out there with knowledge.

· Mo*or Mo**h
1,730 Posts
There's both horizonal and vertical adjustment screws viewable from the front around the perimeter of the light enclosure. But, they only adjust so far, if you have one pointing up, it may not adjust far enough. Sounds like maybe they aren't seated completely in their original positions.

· Registered
349 Posts
once you get them installed right you can google instructions on aligning them... flat driveway and garage door work good... you can use masking tape on the garage door to make targets and align them using the screws... but get proper instructions so you know how far back your car should be from the wall... there are a bunch of measurements you will need... but its rather easy... anyone can do it...
maytag

· Registered
4,259 Posts
I'd say redo the installation gchrocknj... headlight adjustment; make sure front of the car should be about 25 ft. from a garage/building wall, here's another way on how to adjust headlights.

If another like-sized car is available, park it in the same exact spot where your car was and mark the beams using the same-side light, then switched cars so the one to be aimed is back in the original spot, a template if you may... good luck! :)

· Registered
1,723 Posts
Since it's just the bulbs, I think it's likely that the bulb is not seated in the housing as it was mentioned previously. I don't think your housing is that out of adjustment. Does the front(flat) surface look that "out of whack" when you "eyeball" it?

· Registered
234 Posts
Did the bulbs fit in snug? You should not be able to move them when installed correctly. good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.