Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I looked through the FAQ's and stuff and did not see anything about this.

Could anybody tell me How to do a DIY Tune Up and what all I would need to do this?

This is my first car and i'm not really a big car person and trying to save money as well as trying to get into cars and any help would be nice on the whole process and what I would need to do this.

Thanks

· Registered
90 Posts
well.. i'm not an expert. but i'll give you what i know..

for other cars. it's usually spark plug , spark plug wire, distubuter cap and rotor and PCV valve and garmit..

as for our Legends, there are coils for each plug and these coils doens't need to be replace unlike the spark plug wires.

so just replace the spark plugs(NGK plugs) and PVC valve and garmit.. you might want to flush your coolen and change your tranny oil and differential oil as well.. just for a peace of mind... OO yeh that SeaFoam stuff from Advance auto cleans up your fuild and engine system...

if anyone think there's more to this or i wrote something wrong. please feel free to correct/add.

· Registered
162 Posts
ALnut said:
well.. i'm not an expert. but i'll give you what i know..

for other cars. it's usually spark plug , spark plug wire, distubuter cap and rotor and PCV valve and garmit..

as for our Legends, there are coils for each plug and these coils doens't need to be replace unlike the spark plug wires.

so just replace the spark plugs(NGK plugs) and PVC valve and garmit.. you might want to flush your coolen and change your tranny oil and differential oil as well.. just for a peace of mind... OO yeh that SeaFoam stuff from Advance auto cleans up your fuild and engine system...

if anyone think there's more to this or i wrote something wrong. please feel free to correct/add.
:) Good post, I agree, Legend spark plug wires should last the life of the car. ONLY USE NGK SPARK PLUGS! Hopefully OEM about $12/ea.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks guys let me know if I have mentioned everything that has to be done in a tune up that i've gathered from you guys...

Oil Change (I'm doing it with Mobil 1 Synthetic 10W-30)
NGK Spark plugs
PCV Valve (can anybody tell me what this part does and where its located?)
PCV Grommit (can anybody tell me what this part does and where its located?)
Oil Filter
Air Filter

And can anybody tell me how to change my Differential Oil and what kind of differential oil i'm supposed to use?

You know I don't want to F**k up my car with my 1st DIY on the car.

Also I was thinking about doing a Transmission Flush and a Fuel Injector Cleaning on the car as well. Is this a good Idea?

· Registered
894 Posts
Skim through the DIY section, you'll find how to change your differential oil and do a tranny flush... I'm sure there's info on the PCV valve too.

The differential oil is the easiest thing to do btw... ;)

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MagicMikey said:
Skim through the DIY section, you'll find how to change your differential oil and do a tranny flush... I'm sure there's info on the PCV valve too.

The differential oil is the easiest thing to do btw... ;)
Thanks I did find some info on how to change the differential oil and where the PCV valve was too.

Could anybody else tell me if I'm missing anything for the tune up that needs to be done that's on the list above.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.