Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealer yeterday and they told me that my rear tranny mount was broken!!!! he kinda descirbed the problem to me and told me that when accelerating or slowing down you will feel a slight jerk, I have felt that only when slowing down every once in a while, not very often at all, he wants $290 right now to do it, but I am strapped on cash right now, what do you guys think? and is it gonna mess up anything else or can I wait a little longer? thanks

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
common problem with the second gen. legends, your not alone. I paid the acura dealer here in Albuquerque $220 to replace mine.
Why did he say "right now" I went 6 month with mine broken before I figured out what was wrong.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
how many miles did you guys have when they broke?

i had my mechanic check mine for cracking or anything out of the ordinary and he said everything was A-OK.... 1.5 k miles ago.

G

·
Mine broke at about 145,000 miles and I drove it till about 155,000 miles. It got real bad and the reason that I did was because I didn't know what was wrong. Mine was kinda different from yours though. It would make noises when I would turn to the right because I think that the tranny was putting stress on like my axles or something. Anyways, I haven't even gotten the bill from my mechanic yet because I just had it done a couple days ago. I can't believe how much better my car gets. Considering how long I drove with a bad one, I wouldn't say that you have to do it right away.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I replaced mine at around 58k miles. It was almost totally separated. Symptom was a pronounced "clunk" under the console when turning RT up a grade. The part at discount was around $120. You also should purchase two self-locking nuts (1x use only) as well as two new bolts and springs. A new sealing gasket would also be a good idea.
You need to disconnect the exhaust piping. Total cost for parts is approx. $150. Contact Acura of Augusta 1-800-736-6818.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Replaced mine at my 60K service. It was just cracked, so I really didn't feel anything out of the ordinary, and I can't see how long before the 60K it had craked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts