Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the little piece of plastic thats on the body which tells computer that the door is closed.

must have happened when she slammed the right hand door and the seat belt must have gotten caught and broke that thing right off
now it keeps showing that my right door is open and that stupid dome light ont he door keeps on
where can i find that lil piece of plastic? that would be annoying to find
i guess junk yards or something...have no clue where to start

·
Registered
120 Posts
kids these days...

My daughter did exactly that! She slammed the door one time with the seatbelt hanging out and ended up breaking the switch. It took me a couple of days to notice because it broke mine off entirely and therefore never made contact (so it thought my door was always closed).

I went to the dealer and paid $12.(some change) and it took me about 10 minutes to replace.

Now my daughters job is to buckle her seatbelt when she gets in and pull the seatbelt taught against the seat when she gets out (along with turning off the reading light):D :D

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
My dad did that. Had the seat belt buckle in the doorjamb and slammed the door shut. Broke that piece and tore off chunk of my door panel. The part is $10 or so from your local Acura dealer. Just unscrew the old one, plug in the new one, and screw it in. The new ones look a little different than the old. They actually got smart and make it our of metal now.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thats funny, it seems like this has happened to all of us. My friend shut the door with the seat belt in it and broke off the senosr. Except, I put off getting the new switch for like 2 months, I just took out the courtisy light on the passenger door and always kept the dome light on off until I got the new part. Cost like $10 or so at the local Acura dealer...

Pete

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a good thing that u can get that part and its only 10 or 12 bucks

gotta find time next week to go get it

seems easy to fix, just has a screw.
just needs to be screwed in right, or does it need to be connected to a wire?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Jiggy89LS said:
its a good thing that u can get that part and its only 10 or 12 bucks

gotta find time next week to go get it

seems easy to fix, just has a screw.
just needs to be screwed in right, or does it need to be connected to a wire?
There's a wire on the back. Just plug it in.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey jose, i couldnt find it at ahmotor's website
i dont even know what the part is called but i tried looking in the interior section....got dizzy from reading

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Jiggy89LS said:
hey jose, i couldnt find it at ahmotor's website
i dont even know what the part is called but i tried looking in the interior section....got dizzy from reading
Chances are that the cost of shipping will cause you to pay more for the part from the internet than the one from your dealer. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
yes i also notice when that is broke you can not roll the windows down or up after you shut the car off and take keys out. before that i could work the window like minutes after i have shut the car off and took the keys out, cool idea when your me and forget to roll the windows up.

·
Registered
778 Posts
go to the junk yard other hondas like civics have the same piece they just look a little different then you can just put it in your back pocket and get a free door switch!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts