Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm still car shopping ... the never ending process

I was told i need to find a safer car than an Eclipse so I was thinking about the Impreza WRX. From what i can see it's got great potentail. 2.0 liter engine pushing 227bhp and 217 pounds of torque @@@ (just about wat the legend makes) but its turbo and it flies on quarters at 14.1

it's also got side airbags which would have prevented the injury my dad acquired in his accident that i wrote about in my previous thread.

its a little small but i think the car is a great deal for the money. Let me know your opinions, or if any of you know of any problems about the car. Also if you know where I could pick one up possibly a year old? Thanks guys ! :D :D :D :D :D

G

·
i like the WRX but i would wait for the STi its pushing close to 280 HP. the Lancer Evo VII is probably better......read up on both of em

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey strato, yea ive been reading up on the sti but its way out of my price range, its going to be like $55,549 to start off with. plus it only makes 261.5 bhp (i mean "ONLY" because its just 40hp increase and look at the increase in price for that 40hp)

The lancer evo is to much too, i want ot be in the 15000-24000 area

G

·
ic but still those cars are awesome

heard that the base WRX has some cons like turbo lag but a bit of aftermarket TLC will fix it up

AWD gives it more traction so there is a benifit for ya

so much more about the car that i dont know but look for long term tests that reveal more than a road test

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
I test drove one. I hated it. The little 4-banger couldn't handle a 2nd gear roll throught a stop sign. I hate driving cars over 4g rpm all the time, just to make some power. Now for my picky things. Leather is NOT even an option on it!! That is when I walked away from the dealer. There is only a manual antenna, I hate those. I like the AWD, but with such power problems it made no difference. I hate when people say it is better than the S4. I know it beat it in a test in some magazine, even in 0-60, but with a tourque curve of 250 at 2500rpm to 5000rpm I would much prefer the S4. Just my thoughts.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
847 Posts
both STi and Evo VII should be aroung $30k msrp.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm never heard about hat one, i know it has a little turbolag, but not that much. o well im going to test drive one today

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Well, they are ugly IMO, but that's me. However, you can easily bolt on like 60 hp through 2 mods...I think one is a chip and the other is some kind of filter...I saw it in SUper Street...now, how valid those claims are is another story. Honestly, that car is not much bigger than an Eclipse...just available in four doors and a wagon. But I am feeling your dilemna. Best wishes on whatever you do. I would suggest you check out the WRX forums....to find their link go to www.clubrsx.com. Those guys are always going at it.:eek:

BTW...whats the deal with the 2003
Sebring in your sig?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i meant to put 2002 but im to lazy to fix it, my parents leased it for me and thought i would like it, which i absolutely hate it. so my moms going to take the car off my hands and im getting something else

i thought about the audi, its nicer in the interior but performance wise its nowhere close

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i do like that rsx, but its not as good performance wse, plus it doesnt have side airbags :*(

·
Registered
541 Posts
actually the RSX's all have side airbags. they are in the seat so whichever seat position u are in, the bags stil protect you. The base isnt as powerful, but the TYpe-S will be on par with WRX and wil be faster than most cars out there. Go test drive an RSX!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I want a Legend more than anything in the world, but my dad said if i were to get a different car <getng rid of my sebring> that i twould have to belik a 2000+

i wish i had the cash for a type s. out the door with tax title and all that stuff is like 26500

i was just informed i have less than 20g to spend now.. this is really starting to limit my choices now. anyone know of a car for 20g or less (20g is with the tax, title, and tag and all that stuff included)

im becoming so frustrated ... i cant buy a used rsx type s down here.. as it is very rare to find them used and hard to come upon

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
:eek: abe tell me thats photoshop?:eek:

·
Registered
231 Posts
As far as the RSX not performing as well as the WRX, I'm not sure how valid that claim is. The RSX-S produces 200 naturally aspirated horses, which is really a benchmark for 4 cylinder engines. Honda's new K series of engines are really something. Imagine what a boosted RSX could do... JMHO, I think the WRX is butt ugly, but to each his own...

·
Registered
332 Posts
If the out-the-door pricing of the RSX is outta your price range, then the WRX is definitely out. A friend of mine just picked up a WRX wagon and her total bill came to around $32g's.

For less than $20g's, I'd look at the Civic SI, Mazda Protege 5, Nissan Sentra, and (I can't believe I'm gonna say it) the Hyundai Tiburon.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.