Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed some subs and a aftermarket hu and when i first turn it on the subs makes 2 boom boom noises and goes away i notice it only happens if i put the volumne at zero and raise it up after that from volume 1-w.e it doesnt happen. Only happens when i first turn the hu on and go back to volume zero any suggestion guys? thanks.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
arnt subs supposed to go boom boom? lol :p
yea could be the amp. some friends of mine have that happen all the time.. just got used to it :p

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
nver happened to me everytime i turn on my hu, i dont hear a boom. what kind of hu do you have?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
there is some sort of grounding issue. thats what causes this. it either an obvious one. or just some minute part of the amp itself..

either that or the HU you are running has a not so smooth potentiometer in it which can cause issues like this at any volume.

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
wanna talk about wierd noises? my capacitor makes clicking noises when the bass is high.. lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
Check and make sure your Power wires from the head unit to through the car and to the amp are either sheilded, or not so close the ground wires as they pass through.

And your sure that your amp has enogh juice to power the type of subs your running correct?

·
Huh, chicken? GET HIM!!!
949 Posts
check your grounds, it could be noise interfering w/ your rca cables, and most shitty amps dont have the soft turn on feature... I'm not saying your equipment is shitty or anything.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Man i'm thinking we got a chorus to a new rap single. "Subs make a boom boom..." Probably hotter than anything soulja boy will ever put out.

·
emayex.com
1,976 Posts
sounds like theyre not getting enough power...check all your wiring; esp your ground/battery connection.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts