Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I like shiny
14,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 LS coupe. I have the stock head unit and an alpine cd changer. I am thinking about get 1 or 2 woofers. Here are my questions:

Would subs cause my changer to skip?

Where should I put them for the best sound?

I already have a 200watt amp from my old car(the subs were stolen)-any sub suggestions?

Any other assistance would be helpfull.

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
1. I've had 3 - 12" subs in the rear of my Legend with my changer with absolutely no skipping.

2. Go for one good sub for clarity purposes and face it to the trunk and keep it as close as possible without risking damage to the sub.

3. a Good Single 10 should work off of a 200W amp depending on what kind of amp and how good you wire it up. (use good wires)

4. If you need anymore help, email [email protected]

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
if you go with 2 12's, u'll need to vent the trunk somehow. when i had the stock cd changer, i had 12's powered by 2 600watt amps. i guess the pressure inside was too much cause every time i hit hard, the cd did skip. i'm not saying it'll happen, it's just from my experience. who knows. maybe my cd changer was too sensitive. to get around it, i ported th trunk into the interior cabin. it actually made it sound better and released some pressure.
-j

G

·
I have 1 12" Infinity Pefect running off a 552W Rockford, and no skipping. One thing that I have to say though is that in the end you are going to be way happier if you buy a new deck. There is really only one deck out there that even works with our CD Changers. The Alpine CDM-7871, I'm selling one for a friend right now over in the for sale section. I have the same deck in my legend, and I actually have nothing to gain from this. I'm just letting you know my experience. Cause after the subs its something else, and its just real nice to have a deck that allows you to do anything. Plus I love the deck, it looks great, and fits perfect with the legend stylings.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
lol I disagree. I get annoyed when a car pulls up next to me and the whole freakin' block rattles. What's the point of forcing everyone to hear it outdside... :rolleyes:
it's just a matter of the individual taste. everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :)
as for me, i love to bump.:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Stock head unit with 1 10 inch MB Quartz sub box in the trunk. No rattles no CD skips just good clean sound plenty of bass. I forgot what watt amp I have but it is not a very big one.....I think it's like 200W and provides much bass. That MB Quartz does the job quite well.

1991 Legend LS

G

·
FutureX 2001 said:
lol I disagree. I get annoyed when a car pulls up next to me and the whole freakin' block rattles. What's the point of forcing everyone to hear it outdside... :rolleyes:
Yeah I hate that ****! Dynomat it... Chevy's in FLA and ATL are known for that..:D

I love bass! Check under my avatar!... That's all I do..:D

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks for all of your tips. Some of you might say that this is not enough but this is what I ended up getting:
what ever tickle your pickle bro, it's you that listen to it as long as you like it..... give it a month or two you'll come back asking for more bass, LOLZ I started out with a pair of subs for 50 bucks each, a year later my subs trippled to 150 a piece. now my subs retail at 400 a piece but of course I didn't pay that much. hehehe

oh and did I say my first system only had about 250 watts total? I now have a 1400 watts system and still growing and yes that's RMS. Just can't get enough bass. LOLZ

1 - 17 of 17 Posts