Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience in running an amp for subs from the speaker level imput as opposed to a line level input?
I managed to pick up some good sub drivers cheap and at the moment I am 'running' them from the rear speakers (I know it's not ideal, but it actually sounds pretty good), so the next step is to get an amp, to run the subs, and maybe to run the rears as well (need advice on this as well).

My deck has line outs but I'm trying to avoid rewiring into the trunk.

Also, is it possible to get power from inside the trunk (antenna, lights?) without having to run power separately. I am looking at a reasonably low powered system 150-200 watts.

thanks guys

rich

·
Registered
103 Posts
Some amps come with speaker level inputs, but if you deck has the low level outputs go with that. As far as getting power from your trunk, don't try it. You want to run the power wire directly from your battery. You could run ten guage, but I would suggest you run as low a guage as you can afford. Why? You will probably want to upgrade in the future. You may not think so now, but in my experience, you can always change your mind. Any wire you may tap into from your trunk is going to be a high enough guage you would experience quite a voltage drop and you would be starving your amp. So as long as you have to run wire into your trunk anyway you might as well run RCA cords too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts