Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Roger said:
do u think it would look good if i put a silver girll boarder on instead of the green?? and should i loose the gold emblems and get silver ??? everyone one give your opion.
Hey roger, where in MI are you from? I live in Ann Arbor, but I'm going to Michigan State university in East Lansing. Do you have a green GS?

oh yeah, I would keep the body colored grille, it looks better IMO. And replace the gold emblems with silver.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Roger said:
im from east lansing i live 1 min from campus , well my parents house is , i currently go to school at western and stay in the dorms... and ya its a 1995 Green GS
I think I've seen you driving around here in EL, never knew you were on the forums. That makes 3 MI legends on the forums. you, me and Blo, he's from NY, but in Ann Arbor for school right now. We should have a MI mini meet some time, when the weather gets better.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Roger said:
really you have seen my driving thats crazy did the car have tinted windows ..**** heres a pic
Yeah, I think I've seen you couple times. I think I even drove along side your car once on Hagadorn, I turned left on Grand River, and you turned right. Nice car BTW

here's mine:

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn its a small world , im always looking around for legends on the road i dont recall seeing a white one with a bra though, was that on it at the time?

you might have seen my friend around town he drives a white SE (grey tim on bottom)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Hey Roger, the Body-Colored grille looks better in my honest opinion. The silver stands out too much, usually. However, on darker color cars such as yours, sometimes the silver and chrome stand out very well to make an elegant look. It also appears you have a mesh grille, perhaps silver would set it off better, and if you can get a silver "A", it would look better. (Wonder how a dark green "A" would look.. hmm

I find the gold-trim to look best on White Legends.

If you do by any chance replace your emblems, let me know if you want to sell your front gold "A". Mine has a slight chip in it (looks like someone tried to steal it). And, I can't just hop on ebay and buy a different one, gold is rare to get, unless I go to the dealer, and I think the size is different for our GS too.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Roger: We turned this thread into our own little chat room. haha :D
I don't think I've seen your friend's SE, I saw a milano red coupe that just showed up in town recently, parks infront of my dorm everyday. Anyways, you, your friend, blo and I should really have a meet sometime. It'll be cool, I've always dreamt of a Michigan Legend meeting. Let me know

Future: The emblem on the GS is the same size as all other legends. I swapped my grille with a Pearl white GS grille, and emblem swapped perfectly.

G

·
Definitely go with the Silver. I don't really like the looks of the gold unless it's on a white car. I would say to stay with the body colored grill, I like the look that it give my coupe, but then again I'm not 100% sure on my thoughts w/ a sedan.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Yeah, lose it, it looks a lot cleaner without it.

Also Where you find that CF emblem? looks really good.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Roger, do you have anymore pictures of your car? Is that Sherwood GreenPearl ? That was my Legend's original color. However, when I got it, they had painted it white. They didn't do an exactly 100% job either. The engine bay wasn't painted, and they touched some of lettering...so it's like a 85% job they did on it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Its pretty simple to remove pin striping. Im not sure if a regular hair dryer will work but its nice to have a heat gun. you just simply heat the tape up, not too much you dont want it to melt the strip and you should be able to peel it off all the way if you get it to the right temperature. Once you have the stripe off, you can use gas or paint thinner to get the glue off the car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts