Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently purchased 4 brembo crossed drill rotor from Jose and now I need some suggestions on brake pads.

Thanks
esti

·
Registered
19 Posts
Brake pads

My buddy has Willwood on his and they are pretty good. I'm thinking of getting Brembro all around (rotors, calipers, and pads) just my opinion though.:)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Esti: Dunt know much about brake parts, however i heard on a diff. forum that www.kvrperformance.com has some great parts. not sure if this is a help or not. take care and lemme know what you find. Its a project i need to do in the near future too!

-bryan

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
The pads I like using are Axxis Metel Master and AEM/Nissin pads. Both have a very nice bite to them. Too bad my secondary mechanic used a cheap set of Bendex pads that are on there right now. They're ok pads, but gotta warm them up some b4 they start gripping hard. I'm also looking for new rotors (my O.E. rotors are at the end of their life). I'm probably gonna go Power Stop rotors all around unless I can find someone to do Brembo x-drilled & slotted rotors for me. Any recomendations???

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
get x-drilled

C25A1guy said:
The pads I like using are Axxis Metel Master and AEM/Nissin pads. Both have a very nice bite to them. Too bad my secondary mechanic used a cheap set of Bendex pads that are on there right now. They're ok pads, but gotta warm them up some b4 they start gripping hard. I'm also looking for new rotors (my O.E. rotors are at the end of their life). I'm probably gonna go Power Stop rotors all around unless I can find someone to do Brembo x-drilled & slotted rotors for me. Any recomendations???
get x-drilled all around

www.kvrperformance.com

OR

www.cyberauto.com

·
Registered
270 Posts
The noise is from the pads vibrating... Try putting some Brake Quiet or similar product on the back of the pads, even better if you can get your hands on some of the shims that are supposed to be on the back and use both... Should quiet them down !!

Some of the BEST pads for brakes will have to be warmed up before you will see their capabilities... It all depends on what the pad is made of... Organics brake best cold, semi-metallics brake best a little warmer and don't fade as fast as organics, while full metallic pads will brake best hot and you will not see brake fade under hard braking... There are some mixtures in their that will combine properties, but that is a general break down...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Brakepads

FutureX 2001 said:
Why do some Brake Pads make that high pitched noise even if they're still good? Brand?
I don't know about all of them, but in my experience, semi-metallic or metallic will always make some sounds. It can vary from being a barely audible squeal to a somewhat loud whine. But it isn't anything to worry about.

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts