Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Paint all ur engine covers. Then throw on some colored tubing, and then a few billet pieces, like caps.

Here is my first legends engine bay. RIP:(

·
K L E A N M O D™
5,267 Posts
Looks good the way it is.. I'd repaint the fuel covers black and outline the lettering in white.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just try to get a mixed color setup that fits the parts.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hey Roger,
I was thinking about going through www.hosetechniques.com to get a hose kit for the Legend. I want some red hoses because I'm going to do a red or perhaps red and silver theme in my engine bay. I don't want to buy all the lengths individually because it would be too expensive. I was thinking of asking them if they would make a kit for the Legend if I took measurements. If you (or anyone else for that matter) wanted to sign with me on it, I think they would take us a lot more seriously. I think it would cost about $50, which is a bit steep but I think that's as good as it will get. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Send some of your hoses out and have them ss braided. I did that with my upper and lower radiator and a few other ones when I had the tb water pump done.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Roger,
I will shoot some tomorrow and post. This actually turns out nice. I bought new hoses (of course) and sent them out to Spectre to braid. Its the only way to do pre-molded OEM hoses and looks MUCH better than the slip on method. Plus, it will make your hoses last longer.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Roger,
Here you go. This is a work in progress. More hoses, chrome plating and detailing to come...

Since I had the camera out I took a couple of pics since I've never posted pics of my coupe on the board before.
Latest mod - MDX shift knob

Side shot (apologies for the somewhat dirty condition - it rained a little this morning - the kind that isn't enough to do any good but just enough to trash your car)

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,419 Posts
95G2_lastofthegreatones, what do you plan to chrome and where are you getting it done?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Duck,
You can't see it all that well in the pic but I have already done a lot of the small brackets, bolts, etc. The factory "strut" bar is done along with the brackets and the heat shield on the pass side rear, battery tie down, radiator brackets, and a few other things.

I am planning on doing the valve covers and some other pieces when I get a chance. The only problem is that this is my daily driver and I can't have it out of commission for the 2 or 3 weeks it takes for a plating shop to turn them around. I had the plating done at a shop called Performance Plating here in Kansas City. There are plating shops in virtually every town if you look I'm sure you can find one locally.

Keep in mind that plating can get pricey....

·
Sexy Member
7,386 Posts
roger
DONT TOUCH IT.
I painted mine Blue and went for blue theme, im repainting everything back to black.
-hass

·
Registered
192 Posts
Roger,
I purchased new hoses before I did the tb/wp and sent them out to Spectre to have the hoses ss braided. Spectre is the only company that manufactures aircraft and hiperf automotive hoses that does this that I am aware of. A local performance shop turned me on to the option. This is in my opinon the only way to do the OEM pre-molded hoses right. The hose kits are O.K. but they only slip over the hose and do not conform to the hose all that well.

I'm still working on the project and will be completing a lot more hoses (vacuum lines and such). For the hoses that aren't pre-molded I am going to get the correct metric hoses in bulk and cut to fit. I'm still looking for the hose ends to finish off a few but I'm having trouble finding metric sizes. As soon as I can take the car down for a while I'm going to do some more chrome pieces and the fuel line in front. That is a compression fitting that I will do with aircraft braided and real anodized compression fittings.

I've done a few show cars in the past and that's the reason for my obsession with engine detailing.

I picked up the billet oil cap at Advance Auto. You can get them at just about any automotive shop or online. There aren't a lot of billet accessories available for our cars but this cap is fairly common with Honda.

·
Victory is fleeting...
5,419 Posts
95G2_lastofthegreatones, post pics when you are done!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts